one

ELLE GILBERT WAS OBLIVIOUS AS TO WHAT WAS GOING ON AROUND HER

ELLE GILBERT WAS OBLIVIOUS AS TO WHAT WAS GOING ON AROUND HER. Meaning, she had no clue that vampires existed. She was clueless. Just like her Aunt Jenna.

Everyone knew it was a danger for her to know about the supernatural world. She was reckless. But it was also dangerous for her to not know. In case something bad happened to her. For example, right now.

"Elena!" Elle called out, running out of the Lockwood mansion's front door, almost tripping due to her heels. "Why the hell is there blood on your shirt? What happened? Are you okay?"

Elena spun around, looking at her sister. Her pink shirt was stained on the back, and on the arm with crimson red. "Oh, um, yeah. Someone spilled punch on me. It's no big deal."

"Why are you even here in the first place?" Elle asks, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "I thought you were staying home with Ric, no?"

"Stefan needed help with something." she shrugged.

Elle's eyebrows then furrowed as they landed on a man with a weird mask on. "Who is that?" she whispered.

"Who—"

✧✧✧

Elle felt someone lifting her body, and carrying her somewhere. She wanted to open her eyes, but she felt so tired. Her eyes were so heavy. She couldn't move. She tried to, but it felt like her ankles and wrists were bound together.

She heard Elena fussing.

"What do you want?"

"Shush."

"Please, I'm hurt."

"I know." the man said, an obvious tone to his voice. "Just a taste."

Another unknown voice boomed from a further distance, which caused Elle's eyes to snap open. "Trevor! Control yourself!"

"Buzz kill." he muttered before he exited the room.

Elle sat up, looking at her sister with fear in her eyes. She was confused because her sister looked calm. Which was surprising, seeing as they were literally just kidnapped.

"What do you want with us?"

"Oh, my god. You look just like her." the woman mused, looking at Elena. "My lord, she looks even more like her." her eyes were then settled on Elle, causing her eyebrows to furrow.

"We're not.. please. Whatever you—"

"—Be quiet!" the woman snapped once again, causing Elle to jump in her seat.