six

THE NIGHT BEFORE, THE UNCLE THAT BOTH ELLE AND ELENA HATED, CAME BACK TO THEIR HOUSE

THE NIGHT BEFORE, THE UNCLE THAT BOTH ELLE AND ELENA HATED, CAME BACK TO THEIR HOUSE. Which, the truth were to be revealed to Elle and Jenna that exact morning, though, neither of them knew that.

John was in the kitchen, arranging himself a mug of coffee. Elle entered the room, folding her arms across her chest. "Good morning."

"What are you doing here, John?" she asks, an annoyed expression on her face as she leaned against the door frame.

"Coffee?"

"No, we're not doing that." she rolled her eyes. "You can't just waltz in and not tell us why you're here. Tell me."

"I'm here to protect you." he told her, looking up at her and briefly raising his eyebrows. "That's all I can say for the moment."

"What do you mean that's all you can say at the moment?" she asks.

"I'll tell you more when I'm convinced I can trust you." he shrugged, then taking a sip of the coffee he made himself.

Jenna and Alaric then entered the room, both of their smiled dropping once they saw the Gilbert man. "What the hell?" Jenna asks, sounding angry.

"Good morning to you, Jenna..." John said, then looking towards the history teacher with distaste. "Alaric..."

"It's okay I'm confused, right?" she looked at her niece, her eyebrows furrowing. "Because we were not expecting you. Like, ever."

"Well, I got in late last night." he said, looking towards Elena who sat on the stool across from the counter. "Elena let me in."

"You know, I'm probably just gonna take off." Alaric gave Elena a look, before exiting the house.

"I'm still confused here." Jenna said, raising her eyebrows.

"Same." Elle said, mimicking her aunt's actions.

"I decided to come back and stay for a while." the uncle said.

"Not here, you're not." Elle said, giving him a look and shaking her head.

"Actually, you can't stop me from living here." John said, a knowing tone to his voice, causing Elle to furrow her brows. He was up to something.

"Actually, I can. As legal guardian." Jenna spoke, slight amusement and anger to her tone.

"Yeah about that..." John looked towards Elena. "Elena, you want me to explain the situation or would you like me to do the honours?"

"Okay, what is going on?" Elle asks, looking between her sister and her uncle.

"I'm sorry, Jenna, Elle. I should have told you earlier but..."

"I'm Elena and Elle's biological father." he stared smugly. "There, now you know."

Placing his cup in the sink, he exited the house. Leaving the three girls.

"What?!"

"Bitch!"