eight

EVERYONE WAS AROUND TOWN, PREPARING THE TOWN FOR THE NIGHT OF ILLUMINATION

EVERYONE WAS AROUND TOWN, PREPARING THE TOWN FOR THE NIGHT OF ILLUMINATION. People were on ladders, hanging up lights. Bonnie, Caroline and Elle were working in a group.

"So when you did the spell to send Vicki away, did that get rid of Anna too?" Caroline asked, confusing Elle.

"Wait, what?" Elle asked, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Basically, Matt tried to bring Vicki back to life, then she tried to kill Elena." Caroline briefly explained.

"I wish it sent Anna away too," Bonnie truthfully answered. "All it did was block the magic that was helping Vicki get a physical touch here. Jeremy's still got a direct line to the Other Side, and as long as he wants to see Anna and she wants to see him, she's still here."

"Okay, you don't think I can actually resist commenting on that.." Caroline said.

"Especially me, seeing as he's my brother and he's making a big ass mistake." Elle added.

"There, you guys commented." Bonnie shrugged, looking down at them from the ladder.

"Bonnie..." Caroline sighed, which she could obviously tell that the witch didn't like the idea of her boyfriend talking with his ex.

"What do you want me to say, Caroline?" Bonnie asked. "I went against the balance of nature when I brought Jeremy back to life, and now I'm paying the consequences."

"Well, I want you to say you're not okay with it." Caroline told her firmly.

"I'm a thousand times not okay with it. I just don't know what to do about it." Bonnie told her blonde friend.

Then, Damon pulled up beside them in his blue car. "Greetings, Blondie, Mikaelson. Witchy, I think you got your voodoo wires all crossed when you got rid of Vicki Donovan."

"What do you mean?" Bonnie asked, eyebrows furrowed. "Why?"

"Because I'm pretty sure I just got spit—roasted by Mason Lockwood's ghost." Damon told them.

"It's what you deserve." Elle said, smiling at him.

"And why would you think that?" Caroline asked Damon. "But I totally agree with Elle."

"Maybe because he just chained me to a chair and shoved a hot poker into my chest. Let's just say I'm having déjà vu." he explained.

The two girls looked over to Bonnie. "I thought you said that ghosts couldn't physically interact with people."

"They can't." Bonnie said shortly.

"Yeah, well, I don't have enough time for a vengeful Lockwood. When I kill someone, they're supposed to stay dead. Whatever you screwed up, fix it." he ordered, before he drove away.

✧✧✧

Bonnie, Caroline and Elle had entered the abandoned witch house. Bonnie had dropped her grimoire outside, and the wind had directed them to a spell. A spell that was used to reveal the veiled matter. Which was ghosts.