ten

ELLE, BONNIE, AND ELENA ALL SAT IN THE LIVING ROOM OF THE SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE AS THEY SIGNED THE PAPERS SO THAT THEY COULD HAVE FULL OWNERSHIP OF THE HOUSE

ELLE, BONNIE, AND ELENA ALL SAT IN THE LIVING ROOM OF THE SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE AS THEY SIGNED THE PAPERS SO THAT THEY COULD HAVE FULL OWNERSHIP OF THE HOUSE. They decided that it was best for their protection, due to some vampires being invited into the Gilbert household, and if they did it this way, they'd have a fresh start.

The lawyer nodded towards the two girls, pointing at four spots. "You, sign here and here. And you, sign here and here."

They both took a pen from him, and signed the spots that they were designated to sign.

"So, this place is all yours?" Bonnie asks, looking around with astonishment. "They just gave it to you?"

"For now. As sole owners, Elle and I are the only people who can invite a certain kind of person in here, if you know what I mean." Elena said, being cautious with her words, due to the lawyer.

"Your own personal safe house." Bonnie said.

"That's the idea." Elena said.

"If we have to clean it, I'm hiring a maid." Elle said, looking around at all of the objects and all of the space.

Elena and Elle walked the lawyer to the front door and opened the door for him with a smile. "Thank you, Mr Henry."

Stefan and Damon both try to enter, but forgot that they couldn't. Elena turned over to them with a smirk, causing Elle to roll her eyes and grab her school bag.

"I'm leaving." she said, reaching into her bag and pulling out a cigarette. She lit it in between her lips, as she walked away.

✧✧✧

Elena, Bonnie, Stefan and Elle all sat in the history class. Elle watched as Elena showed Stefan the 60's decade dance poster to Stefan, but he gave her a look and shook his head, causing Elena to give him a look. Then she turned to her sister and Bonnie, waving the poster, causing them both to nod with smiles. She then looked over at Stefan with a grin, causing him to playfully roll his eyes.

Alaric then entered the classroom, slightly late. Which, it was odd for him, due to the fact that he was always on time.

"Hello, class." he greeted. "What are we learning today?"

"With the decade dance tonight, we've been learning about the sixties all week." a girl named Dana said, a slightly confused tone to her voice.

"Right," he nodded. "The sixties." he caught glimpse of Elena, then turned towards the chalk board and began writing. "The uh.. ahem. The sixties. I wish there was something good I could say about the sixties, but... actually, they kinda sucked. Except for The Beatles, of course. They made it bearable. Uh, what else was there? The Cuban Missile thing, the... we walked on the moon. The was Watergate."

"The Watergate was in the seventies, Mr Saltzman." Elle corrected him, raising her eyebrows as she looked at him.

"Right." he nodded. "It all kind of mushes up together. The sixties, seventies. Thank you, Elle."