twelve

ELLE, ELIJAH, ELENA AND STEFAN WERE ALL SAT IN THE SALVATORE'S LIVING ROOM, AS ELIJAH EXPLAINED TO THE OTHER TWO WHAT THE CURSE WAS ABOUT

ELLE, ELIJAH, ELENA AND STEFAN WERE ALL SAT IN THE SALVATORE'S LIVING ROOM, AS ELIJAH EXPLAINED TO THE OTHER TWO WHAT THE CURSE WAS ABOUT. Elle sat there, quietly, thinking of ways that she could rid of her headache, until she softly gasped, causing Elijah's eyes to fall on her.

"Elijah?" she asks, looking at him with raised eyebrows, earning a nod from him. "Could I have like a bit of your blood? My head really hurts from all the drinking last night, and last time you gave me your blood it helped. So please?"

He nodded, grabbed a letter opener off of the alcohol tray and slicing into his wrist. Which he then held his bleeding wrist over the cup as he continued to speak. "Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse."

"Elle said that the Sun and Moon curse is fake?" Stefan stated as Elijah held the cup out for Elle. Which she pushed up to her feet and walked over to him, taking the cup from him. "That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus."

Elijah nodded, watching Elle drink his blood from the bourbon glass. "Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting, but if he breaks it...he'll be a true hybrid."

Damon then entered the room, his brows furrowing upon seeing Elle with a glass of blood. "What? You planning on turning into a vampire tonight?" he asks, then moving his eyes to Elijah. "Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today, with Bonnie."

"Damon..."

"No." Elena said firmly. "Bonnie can't use that much power without dying." as those words fell from her lips, Elle and Elijah shared a look.

"I'll write her a great eulogy." he shrugged.

"It's not an option, Damon." she sighed.

"Alright," Stefan cut in, looking over towards Elijah. "How do we break this curse?"

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know." he began.

"The moonstone."

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire will sacrifice one of each." he told them.

"And where do Elle or I fit in?" Elena asks.

"The final part of the ritual," he said, removing a wooden box from the shelf and placing it on the table. "Which, I highly doubt that Klaus will be using Elle. Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelganger...to the point of your death."

Damon looked over at Elena as Stefan took Elena's hand in his. Elijah opened the box and took an old looking glass bottle out from the box, which had a purplish color to it.

"And that's where you come in." Elena said, looking at the Original with hopeful eyes.

"This is an elixir that I required some five hundred years ago for Katerina." he announced. "It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation."