eleven

ELLE SAT IN THE BASEMENT OF THE SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE, THE SILVER DAGGER IN HER HANDS, AS SHE JUST REMOVED IT FROM THE ORIGINAL'S CHEST

ELLE SAT IN THE BASEMENT OF THE SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE, THE SILVER DAGGER IN HER HANDS, AS SHE JUST REMOVED IT FROM THE ORIGINAL'S CHEST. She sat there in complete boredom, twisting the dagger around in her fingers.

Then, a sharp gasp sounded throughout the basement. His body flew up, and she quickly pushed to her feet, grabbing onto his arms as he looked around frantically. "Katerina!"

"No, no, Elijah." she shook her head, placing her hand on his cheek. "It's me. It's Elle."

"Oh, my god." he breathed out, his eyebrows furrowed as he looked around. He closed his eyes, and then his whole body shook. He shot up to his feet, clutching onto his chest. "I can't—I can't breathe! What's happening to me?"

He rushed over to the cellar door, but hit into the wall. Elle rushed over and held him up, her eyebrows furrowed.

"I can't...I can't be in this house." he said, still rasping for breath.

Her eyes then widened in realization. "You're not invited in."

"I can't be in here." he rushed into another wall, and then disappeared. Elle rushed up the stairs, almost tripping up them, and then made her way to the front door.

Elijah stood outside, then attempted to enter once again, and once he realized he couldn't, his eyes roamed around the frame of the door. "What happened?"

"Shh," she said, pointing upstairs, then to her ears, signalling that the others were still sleeping and could most likely hear the conversation if they didn't keep it down. "I'll tell you. Just not here."

"Can I trust you?" he whispered, raising a brow at the girl.

She gave the Original a look as she handed him the dagger. "The fuck do you mean, can I trust you? Of course you dumb shit."

✧✧✧

Elle parked her car outside of the Lockwood mansion as Elijah drank the blood from a blood bag next to her in the car. She had never seen his vampire face before, and had to admit that it was fairly attractive.

"You look better." she told him.

"Where did you get the dagger?" he inquired, raising a brow at the human.

"I'll tell you everything, Elijah, you know that I will. But we have to work together, please?" she asks.

"Your ability to make demands has long passed." he told her, causing her to furrow her eyebrows.