seven

ELLE WAS OUTSIDE OF THE HIGHSCHOOL THAT SHE ATTENDED TO

ELLE WAS OUTSIDE OF THE HIGHSCHOOL THAT SHE ATTENDED TO. The summer was finally over, and it was time to start school again. She smirked as she spotted her sister, Caroline and Bonnie. She marched her way over to the trio.

"Here we are." Caroline could be heard saying. "Senior year."

She stood in behind them, waiting for Elena to say something about the school year.

"Anyone else think that this should feel slightly more empowering?" Bonnie inquired.

"Okay, so. Prank night was a bust. But we are accepting it and we are moving on." Caroline said, being positive like she usually always is.

"You're right," Bonnie agreed with a nod. "I mean, why should I let the fact that my boyfriend is seeing the ghost of his dead girlfriend hinder this experience?"

"Yes!" Caroline exclaimed, sounding enthusiastic. "And why should I let the fact that my boyfriend was turned into a hybrid put a damper on an otherwise fabulous day."

"Today was our anniversary. Technically, Stefan and I met on the first day of school last year." Elena stated.

As soon as she was done talking, Elle gripped onto her shoulder and turned her around. "You know, if you think that last year was shit. Finding out about vampires and all of that — I'm just letting you know that this year will be even worse. I will make your life a living hell for what you just put me through, Elena. Got it?"

"Wait, what did Elena do?" Caroline inquired, stepping in, holding her pointer finger.

Elle laughed, looking at Elena with surprise, then back to Caroline. "Wow! I'm—I'm honestly really surprised she didn't tell you. But, her and Damon locked me in the basement and tortured me until I flipped the switch back on." she gave Elena a bitchy smile. "Well, that's enough school for me for one day, so I'll see you guys at the bonfire tonight."

✧✧✧

Elle and Elijah walked towards Rebekah as they saw her with Stefan the bonfire. By the time they spotted the blonde, the Salvatore had just began to approach her. And they got to her at the same time as Stefan. Rebekah looked as if she was struggling to pour herself a cup of beer.

"You all right there?" Stefan asked, a teasing tone to his voice.

"I thought Tyler would be here." she answered honestly.

"You're into Tyler now?" Stefan inquired, his eyebrows raising. "It's kind of a fickle."

"When you're willing to give me the time of day again, then we'll talk. Until then, a girl has needs." Rebekah sassed, and by the time she finished speaking, Elena cut beside them.

"Excuse me," she said, taking the beer hose from Rebekah's grasp and filling her red solo cup to the brim.

"A bit of an alcoholic now?" Elle asked, raising her eyebrows as she gave her sister a dirty look.