nine

ELLE STOOD WITH REBEKAH, AS SHE WATCHED REBEKAH STRETCH AND PRACTICE FOR CHEER

ELLE STOOD WITH REBEKAH, AS SHE WATCHED REBEKAH STRETCH AND PRACTICE FOR CHEER. Rebekah stood up, and turned to face Elle. "So, what do you think?"

"I think that when you're doing your front flips, you need to tuck a little bit more tighter." Elle told her. "But other than that, you're doing great."

Rebekah's smile then turned into a scowl as she looked in behind Elle. "You, goody."

"I was hoping we could talk." Elena said to Rebekah as Elle turned around and faced her twin.

"About what? Stefan?" Rebekah inquired, tilting her head to the side. "Don't worry. I'm off him until he starts treating me better. In fact, you should probably take a page out of my book, if I'm being honest."

"Actually, I'd rather talk about this," she said, holding up a picture of Rebekah's name, but written in a whole different language. Rebekah's face fell. "I'm curious why you and Klaus have spent a thousand years running from your father."

"I should get back to the girls," Rebekah said, in an attempt to change the subject. "Homecoming's right around the corner."

"Well, then maybe I'll ask Mikael when we wake him." Elena said with a shrug.

"You're bluffing." Rebekah spat. "You don't know where he is. No one does."

"So who's rotting in that old cemetery in Charlotte?" Elena inquired, already knowing the answer.

"If you wake Mikael, we're all doomed." Rebekah warned, her eyebrows furrowed, attempting to hide the fear that was showing on her face.

"So then tell me." Elena pressed.

"Why do you want to know?" Rebekah asked.

"Why don't you want me to wake him?"

"I need to get back to the girls," Rebekah said, turning around but she seemed to be caught up in her thoughts.

✧✧✧

Elle and Elijah sat side by side on the couch in the Salvatore's house, whilst Rebekah held a glass on champagne in her hands. She smiled at Elena as she entered the house.

"Hey, what's up?"

"You invited me over to talk." Elena said, not wanting to deal with formalities.

"All right, girls. Have at it." Rebekah said, turning around and watching as six girls entered the room, all wearing formal dresses. "Okay, now, twirl, please."

"You compelled yourself your own private runway show?" Elena asked her, dumbfounded.

"I need a homecoming dress," Rebekah said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "So, what do you think? Pick one."

Elena chuckled. "I'm not here to help you shop. I'm here to talk about why you don't want me to wake up Mikael."

Rebekah glared at Elena, then rushed over at the girls. She gripped onto one, dipping her head into her neck as her fangs were out. "I said pick one!"