three

A KNOCK SOUNDED ON THE FRONT DOOR OF THE GILBERT HOUSEHOLD, CAUSING ELLE TO ROLL HER EYES AND STAND UP FROM THE KITCHEN TABLE, OPENING THE FRONT DOOR

A KNOCK SOUNDED ON THE FRONT DOOR OF THE GILBERT HOUSEHOLD, CAUSING ELLE TO ROLL HER EYES AND STAND UP FROM THE KITCHEN TABLE, OPENING THE FRONT DOOR. There stood Damon and Stefan Salvatore, their hands behind their backs.

"What?" she asks, then taking a sip of the coffee from the mug in her hands.

"Hey, can we talk? Elena too?" Stefan asks, looking inside the house, up the stairs.

"Why?" she inquired, raising a brow. She glanced to Damon, noticing he was checking her out in her pyjamas, which consisted of short shorts and a tank top that revealed cleavage. A slight smirk found its way onto her lips.

"We went to see Katherine." Damon smirked. She told them that she went to see Katherine, and just as she guessed, they were mad.

"Come on in." Elle opened the door further.

✧✧✧

"Please, come on in. There's plenty of room for all of us." Katherine spoke, motioning for the brothers to enter the tomb.

"I'd rather poke my eyes out." Damon said, giving her a look of distaste.

"Hmm, they are such pretty eyes." Katherine faux pouted, looking into his icy blue eyes.

"We're here for the moonstone." Stefan said, getting straight to the point, not bothering to fool around, unlike Damon.

"Feel like tossing it over?" the older Salvatore added on, winking.

"Tell you what, you get a little witch to hocus pocus me out of here, and you get whatever you want." she shrugged.

"I thought you liked it in here." Stefan said, a knowing tone to his voice. "Nice and safe where Klaus can't get to you."

"I've had time to reconsider." Katherine said.

"Meaning you're hungry." Damon stated.

"I'm starving, Damon. And dirty, but above all, I'm bored. At least running from Klaus wasn't this boring. So here's the deal: you get me out of here, you get the moonstone and I'll disappear from Mystic Falls forever. Let me know what you decide." she showed them the moonstone, then left.

✧✧✧

Elle, Elena, Stefan and Damon were all in the kitchen, discussing what happened.

"You don't believe her, do you?" Elena asks, furrowing her eyebrows and looking between the two vampires.

"No, of course not." Damon shook his head. "We just want the moonstone."