two

WITH THE HELP OF CAROLINE ELLE NOW KNEW WHO THE INFAMOUS KATHERINE PIERCE WAS

WITH THE HELP OF CAROLINE ELLE NOW KNEW WHO THE INFAMOUS KATHERINE PIERCE WAS. Also, with the help of Caroline, she was distracting the Scooby Doo gang. Elle still had more questions about what was to happen, and she didn't want to bug Elijah more than she had to. So, she decided that Katherine would be her best option.

"So, if anyone asks, I wasn't feeling well, and I decided to go home." Elle said as she and Caroline walked through the woods, towards the ruins to Katherine.

Elle had a bag on her shoulder, it contained a book she stole from Elena's room, with Caroline's help. The book was Katherine's family history, but Elle didn't bother to go through it. There was a change of clothes. And five blood bags.

"I can't believe I'm agreeing to this. I'm a terrible liar." Caroline complained as she walked aside Elle.

"And keep everyone busy. I don't need them to find out where I am. They'll kill me if they do." Elle said, ignoring what she was saying.

"I'm even worse at duplicity and you know this." the blonde said with her brows raised.

"Caroline, please." the brunette said, a pleading look in her eyes. "As my best friend, do you agree to not snitch?"

"You had to break out the girlfriend code." Caroline playfully rolled her eyes. "Okay. I promise."

"Okay."

"Why don't you want anyone to know why you're coming here?" Caroline asks, curiosity getting the best of her.

"Because they don't know I know who Katherine is. And even if they knew I knew, they would probably never want me to interact with her." she explained.

They entered the church ruins, then stopped in front of the church door.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Caroline asked, and it was more her who was nervous compared to Elle.

"Yes, I'm sure." Elle nodded. "If what Rose said this morning about Klyde or Klaus or whatever his name was, she knows the truth. And shes been running from him. She obviously knows at least one way to stop him."

Caroline gave her a look. "But you're also asking for the truth from someone who's most definitely never given the truth out. Are you sure about this?"

"Yes." Elle impatiently nodded. "Care, please."

Caroline walked towards the stone door, and pulled it open, using her vampire strength.

"Katherine?" Elle called into the tomb.

She turned towards Caroline. "I'll be okay. I promise. She can't get passed the barrier or whatever the invisible thingy is called."

Suddenly, the sound of someone walking was heard. And soon, a figure appeared in the shadows. There Katherine stood, slouching against the wall. Her skin was slightly greyed and she had dirt on her legs. She wore a dress, that had tears in some spots. Her hair was matted.