five

THE NIGHT BEFORE, JULES HAD TURNED INTO A WOLF, AND BITEN ROSE INSIDE OF THE SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE

THE NIGHT BEFORE, JULES HAD TURNED INTO A WOLF, AND BITEN ROSE INSIDE OF THE SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE. Damon couldn't watch over Rose for the day, so, he called Elle, and got her to watch Rose. Which, gratefully she did. Elle felt as if she owed Rose since she took her and Elena to Slater's house, even though they lied about their true intent of going there.

"I hate this." she groaned. "I'm a vampire. I've never had a cold in five centuries."

"Just get in the bed." Elle sighed, pointing at Damon's unmade bed.

"We don't get sick. When we die, it's fast and sudden and it's certainly not drawn out in illness." Rose continued after she laid down in the bed, quickly finding comfort underneath the warm blankets.

"You're not going to die, Rose." the human told the vampire. "I promise. Damon will find out how to fix it."

"Thats such a human thing to say." the vampire scoffed.

Elle looked around the room. It was nicely decorated and was very spacious.

"You've never been in Damon's room before, have you?" Rose asked, noting that Elle was intrigued.

Elle picked up a book from the bed side table and read the cover: Gone With The Wind.

"Not what you expected?"

"It's just a room with a bed." Elle shrugged. "Maybe I expected him to have silk sheets and chains on the wall for when— never mind."

Both of the girls broke out into smiles. "Those are under the bed." Rose chuckled at Elle's shocked reaction. "You're lucky, you know. No one's ever loved me the way you're loved. You can tell Damon loves you. He looks at you like he does."

"What?" she asked, her eyebrows furrowing.

Rose ignored her question. "Trevor was my best friend. Nothing more. I spent all these years on the run from Elijah. I just never thought it was a good idea to set up roots. The whole idea of family isn't exactly compatible with being a vampire. Why are you so willing to give up?"

"I'm not giving up anything." Elle said, handing Rose a glass of blood.

"What do you call this deal with Elijah, then?" Rose asks, raising a brow at the teenage girl who stood next to the bed.

"I call it my best option." Elle answered, simply shrugging.

"It's the easiest option." Rose corrected. "Do you really think that your witch friend destroyed the moonstone?"