Tomo choco.

It was the first time in a long time that I could not concentrate on reading a book. 

However, the calm atmosphere of the library managed to soothe me. Today, I was going to deliver a certain gift to a person dear to me. 

That person is Ayanokouji-kun, from the current C class. 

I had met him almost in the middle of December, when I tried to check out a book on one of the shelves in the library. 

I remembered it well, I was excited to find someone with the same reading tastes as me. Since that day Ayanokouji-kun and I have been book friends. 

Gradually, being inevitable, he became a special person in my school life. 

And by giving him my gift, maybe...maybe, I can make him understand those feelings. 

"Excuse me, Ayanokouji-kun... Do you have a moment? " I asked. 

As usual, it was lunch time and we were both in the library. 

"Sure."

I closed my book while looking at him sitting in front of me. Ayanokouji-kun silently mimicked my action. 

The two of us hardly ever exchanged words when we read our books. Now, it would be normal for him to be a bit confused. 

"Today is a pretty important day for students, you know?" I commented with a slight smile. 

It seemed like the best way to start talking about what I wanted to tell him. 

"Yes. It's February 14th, Valentine's Day." He replied calmly. 

"Right. Many female students give chocolates on this date. " Not only with romantic intentions, but also to show their appreciation to others. 

There are different kinds of reasons such as thanking someone who helped you recently, courtesy, friendship, or fraternity. 

Slowly, I took out a small box from my bag. 

"Ayanokouji-kun is a great friend to me...so I hope you can accept this," I handed him the box of chocolates adorned with a light blue ribbon. 

I bought it a few days ago, when I went to Keyaki Mall to get a gift for him. I looked around for a while, and in the end I chose the box with the light blue ribbon because it had a nice design and the chocolates seemed to be of good quality. 

"You didn't have to, "Ayanokouji-kun politely refused to receive my gift. 

Hearing that I felt a bit discouraged, but I didn't draw back. 

"Maybe not," I accepted what he said, "but I wanted to. You've been with me for quite some time, I wanted to thank you with this, even if it's not much. 

I held my breath for a second. 

"So please, accept it." 

I stretched the small box of chocolates towards him again. And this time, Ayanokouji-kun received it. 

"In that case, thank you, Hiyori." He thanked me while looking nearly the box now in his hands. 

No, thank you.

A warm feeling spread throughout my chest. 

"Happy Valentine's Day, Ayanokouji-kun."

I said while smiling from the bottom of my heart.