Twenty-Eight

Meredith's POV

"Anastasia's right arm is broken once again. But luckily for her, she's got the best orthopaedic surgeon to fix her right up." Callie says while I played with Anastasia's hair. Anastasia was fast asleep and had to stay in the hospital for a few nights because of her developing fever.

"Derek told her that Addison and I don't want her. She ran out in the rain and if it wasn't for my newly discovered half-sister Lexie, Anastasia would have died of hypothermia."

"I heard both Addison and Bailey tearing him a new one on the way here." Callie says when Addison and Lexie both entered the room.

"Addison told me that Anastasia loves colouring, so I got her this Winnie the Pooh colouring book and a large box of crayons." Lexie says before placing them on the table. Callie leaves the room and I give Lexie a smile.

"Thank you for helping Anastasia. I want a relationship with you, but for now just you. I know I'll have to meet with our father eventually."

"We can do Thanksgiving with all of us. I'll invite my family and we can invite yours." Addison suggested to me.

"Our younger sister, Molly's pregnant with her first child and I came home to help my mother. Molly's married to Eric Thompson, who's in the army. He will be home for Thanksgiving but not for the birth of his child. I haven't known Anastasia for long, but I already love her so much." Lexie genuinely expresses to me.

"I know you do. Anastasia has that way with people. Ask Addison."

"It's true. I immediately saw Anastasia as my daughter and I was determined to be there for her." Addison tells Lexie with a smile on her face.