Seventeen

Meredith's POV

"Nana!" Anastasia says as we entered Roseridge Home for Extended Care and Mom immediately smiled at us. Anastasia ran to Mom's chair and hopped into her lap. Mom chuckled before hugging Anastasia close to her chest. Addison and I sat in our seats across from the duo with smiles on our faces. Mom actually met Addison the last time we were here and actually likes her a lot. Maybe it's because Addison's a specialist in her field or it's possibly how she treats Anastasia and I. I'll never know, but it's fine as long as they get along...

"Hello there darling. Have you grown since I last saw you?" Mom asked Anastasia who giggles in response.

"Just the same little bear to me. How are you feeling Mom?"

"Great now that I am with my family and yes Addison that includes you as well." Mom responded with a smile on her face.

"I'm honoured Dr. Grey." Addison says with a smile of her own.

"Call me Ellis dear, after all we are family." Mom tells Addison who nods before Anastasia hands Mom a doctor teddy bear.

"Fow you Nana." Anastasia tells Mom who smiles before hugging her granddaughter.

"I love it darling. I bet you thought of this gift all by yourself?" Mom tells Anastasia who had a proud look on her face.

"Yes Nana me tink it me self. But Mommy and Mama buyed it 'cause me no have monies." Anastasia responded to Mom.

"Button if it wasn't for you, your Mommy and I would not have known what to get Nana. After all, you are our best idea person." Addison tells Anastasia who smiles before cuddling into Mom's chest.

                                     ********************
Addison's POV

"Mama, please wead?" Anastasia asks me, while handing me Goodnight Moon. It was bedtime and Anastasia was tucked into her bed.

"In the great green room There was a telephone And a red balloon. And a picture of the cow jumping over the moon. And there were three little bears sitting on chairs."

"Mama, cows no jump tat high." Anastasia pointed out to me.

"This cow is a magical cow so it can do anything." Anastasia's eyes widen in shock and I placed a kiss on her nose, causing her to giggle.

"And two little kittens. And a pair of mittens. And a little toy house. And a young mouse. And a comb and a brush and a bowl full of mush And a quiet old lady who was whispering "hush". Goodnight room. Goodnight moon. Goodnight cow jumping over the moon. Goodnight light and the red balloon." Looking over at Anastasia, I see that she's fast asleep and cuddling her teddy bear that Amelia gave her. She calls her teddy bear, Henry because apparently he's a serious teddy. Sometimes, I'm amazed at how her little mind works.

"Good night Anastasia and good night Henry."