Chapter XII

Seulgi's POV

Throughout my performance I kind a feel like tearing up. The cheers and chants I'm hearing makes me emotional. My fans, the people who believed in me and my skills throughout my entire career. My dream... I feel a lot of emotions coming in to me already. Am I really giving this all up?

Just after my performance I ran off to the stage, leaving my dancers there confused. I know my fans are also wondering already, but I can't let them see me like this. Surely, I can't be seen breaking down on stage.

As I went down, all the staffs backstage look at me. I remove my the mic on me and put it on the first table I saw. I can already feel my tears falling.

On my way to my dressing room. I stopped the moment I saw unnie went out of it, following Wendy and Joohyun. They look at me in worry.

Just as I met her eyes, what she said before I come up on stage made sense now. I get it now.

I run to her, not minding the tears streaming down my face already. I wrapped my arms around her. I can tell she wasn't surprise as to what I did already. I felt her embrace on me as well. I cried there.

"I don't want this to be my last, Hyun. Is it too much to ask?" I said, sobbing.

"It won't be your last, Seul." I felt her rub my back, helping me calm down.

"I don't want to quit." I said before she held both my arms and push me away, making me face her.

She give me an assuring smile as she grabbed my face and wipe the tears that made my face wet. I closed my eyes feeling her warmth on my face.

"You will not quit, okay?" I opened my eyes. "You're not quitting." I can't help but smile as she's telling me these words. I shake my head.

"I wish it's just as easy as you said it." I grabbed her hands from my face. "Just hug me, Hyun." I opened up my arms for her. She look at me first before giving in. "Thank you for being here now." I whispered through her ears. "It really meant a lot." she just hummed.

Not long later someone faked a cough beside us, that made me remember that it's not only Joohyun and me here. I let go from the hug and look around. Fuck! Really Seulgi? In front of these people.

"I didn't know you were that close." Wendy suddenly spoke, except that she's not looking at me but Joohyun. She got her arms crossed.

"Can we talk about this inside? A lot of people are now looking." Unnie's right. Not only the shows staffs saw what I did there but also some other artists and their team, since we were blocking the hallway. God! I'm dead.

As we enter my dressing room I notice how Wendy is looking at Hyun now. I couldn't quite get it but it looks like she's judging her or what. I averted my attention once unnie called for it.

"Yah! Kang Seulgi! What happened out there?" I sat on the couch before I look up to her.

"I'm sorry. I just couldn't hold it in any longer. I can't just cry in front of everyone there."

"But you did cry in front of a lot of people still." Wendy said. "and aren't you suppose to tell your fans now?"

"Wends," I paused and look at her seriously. "I don't think I'm ready to leave these all behind. I want to stay." I face unnie. "I want to keep doing this."

"I asked you the first time, Seulgi, you told me you can't do both." Tiffany unnie said. She's right. She did asked me.

"Will it be even possible unnie? You see how my dad's life is. He even barely has time for me." I said out of frustration. Unnie took a sit beside me.

"Seulgi. You've managed to graduate while training and being an idol. You never fail, not even once in all those things. I know Uncle isn't really giving you a choice here, and you also knew it from the very start before you decided to pursue your dreams. You're his only child Seulgi, you're bound to inherit and manage what your father built." I know I can't go against Dad, I never planned to. I just wish I had time to prepare myself. "I asked you if you can do both the when we first knew about uncle stepping down, because I know how much you love your work. And to answer your question, yes, it's possible." She give me a smile. What exactly is running through her mind?

"Unnie, will it not drain Seulgi?" Wendy asked in worry. Unnie shake her head before facing me again.

"Seulgi's about to manage a company that's in line with her career now. It might be tiring and all those stuffs but it won't be too much that she can't handle."

"Stop putting me up there unnie. I'm not--"

"I'm helping you keep your dream, Seulgi." Unnie said. "Trust me when I say this is possible."

"Let's say, I can really do both. Do you even think Dad will agree to this?" I asked her.

"Yes, he will." It surprised me when Joohyun was the one who answered. I give her a confuse look.

"What made you say that?" I asked.

"It's actually a pretty good image for your company, if you're doing both. Since you're in the entertainment industry you've got to keep noise coming in, and this is a huge and great one." Joohyun explained. "I know you're already prepared, business wise. You already studied all things about your own company." Not gonna lie, I actually did my observations already. Plus Dad's been giving me little works on the side. So, Hyun's actually right. I'm ready for the company, I'm just not ready to leave the dream I'm living now. "Seulgi. This isn't really something to worry about. If you want to keep performing, then don't stop. It might not be as often as you can in the past but you can still do it."

"Joohyun's right." Unnie speak up again. "As I've told you before. You might have not feel or seen it, but uncle's actually supporting you proudly. If he was really against your dream, you wouldn't have debuted in the first place. Just be open to uncle about this, he'll listen." I've always wondered, how it was possible for me to get this far, if Dad was really against it, maybe he really wasn't.

"Can I really do it?" I look up and meet my best friend's eyes. She was just listening and nodding at all the things Unnie and Hyun was saying. She was taken a back when she realized my question was directed to her.

"Me? You're asking me?" She said. I can't help but chuckle at that before I nodded. She looked at me seriously now. "If it's really what you desired to do, you can do it. I'm your best friend and I'm always here to support whatever decision you make." She said, genuinely. Then I remembered something.

"Okay then. I've made my decision." I look at Hyun and unnie. "First, I have to find a way how to terminate Wendy's contract in the company she's in now." I said.

"WHAT?!" they all said in unison.

"Yah!" Wendy shouted in disbelief.