Chapter XXIII

Irene's POV

She refused to be stopped.

As expected, a news broke out about her being seen hand and hand with a mysterious woman at a resort outside of the city. I would've done something about it before it spread wildfire but then Seulgi, chose to not listen to me. It's like I was kidnapped and silenced in my own free will.

We're on our way back to the city now and guess what? She's just vibing to some songs like the whole world's not talking about her life. Both our companies are all troubled and that doesn't seem to bother her.

"Kang Seulgi!" I raised my voice then she suddenly stopped.

"Hyun..."

"What are we going to do now?"

"You see... I've settled all of it already." I look to her side confused.

"What do you mean? We're obviously together since yesterday, all you did was cling to me."

"Just so you know I didn't sleep last night." she said confidently, and pointed at her eyes while it's still focus on the road.

"If it's really settled then why did it still reach the news?" She then laughed awkwardly.

"Well except for that." She smiled.

"Yah! If you could've just let me used my phone and at least called someone."

"Na-ah! This time I'm doing the work." She shake her head. "I told you, just trust me."

Oh God! What have I gotten myself into? I sighed defeatedly. For a few minutes there, we were covered by silence.

"I love you." She said randomly that surprised me. It's when I realized it's the first time I heard it from her. I felt her hand reach for mine, while the other stays on the steering wheel. She kissed the back off my hand that made me flustered. What the heck?! "You've been through so much already, let me do it for you this time." What am I suppose to say next?

"Damn you Kang Seulgi!" I turn my head to the other side. I know my face is getting red already. She giggled.

When I realized it sooner, we're already at our company. She stopped on the entrance.

"Wait Seulgi! I haven't talk to Dad yet, he might be upset. And why are we in the entrance? People might recognize you." I said, worriedly.

"Uncle's not upset at you. And I don't care about people recognizing me, I've got nothing to hide." She said confidently. Before I could even stop her she already went out of the car. She give the keys to a valet. Is she trying to sabotage herself? her career?

The door to my side opened. I look at her. She held her laugh as soon as she saw my expression. SHe reach for my hand and help me down.

Just when I went out the people already staring at Seulgi, recognized me. I heard gasped and whispers.

"God! I'm wasting money again." I said as she pulled me inside the company.

"You don't have to, just let them think what they want." She whispered to me.

We were about to get in already when the guard stopped us and look at Seulgi.

"Wait! You can't just enter the building miss. I need to--"

"She's with me." I said and the guard just wouldn't listen. I closed my eyes frustratedly. "We should've went to the parking and used the private elevator like we used to." I whispered to her. She smiled at me apologetically. "Give me my phone." I held out my hand wait for her to give it.