Chapter XXI

Irene's POV

I got my position back in the company. I've worked hard to be more worthy for the company, because I know it's the path I'm suppose to take on, from the very beginning. Also, I want to make it up with Dad after what I've done.

Just like what Dad said, he supported me. He never questioned my decisions about my life. I went back home to my mom and sister. I apologize to them too and just like Dad they said they understood why I left.

From then on I went back to my usual life before I even met Suho. My relationship with my Dad remains the same, not too distant and not too close. Just like before he goes back and forth to Korea and here, but unlike those times I get to be more understanding now. This is what his job is asking from him. Besides, him always being away doesn't make him less of a father to us and I know that now.

I did what I had to do after that day. I knew he looked for me but I just can't bring myself to face him. That's why every chance he gets in meeting me, I found myself running away and hiding from him. That ended up with me being more private about my whole being.

Not until I had the courage in meeting him again after years of hiding from him, only to be asking for freedom. I knew it's cruel of me to be asking this from him after the things he have done just to find me, but I need to do this. I want to do this because for the first time again I felt genuinely happy and I think letting go of my past the only way for me get the happiness I've been longing for.

"Unnie? Why don't we go to the hotel first?" Jimin spoke, I shook my head.

"I don't want to be late, Jimin. I want this done as soon as possible. If he'll sign it as soon, which I hope he would, I would not waste anymore time staying here. I would go home as soon as possible." I said to her as I'm checking the whole divorce paper.

"Why are you in a hurry to go home?" I put back the paper to the envelop and fix myself, when the car stopped. I face Jimin.

"I don't want to come home too late. Seulgi isn't waiting."

"Wait! Seulgi?! Seulgi unnie?" She was shocked. "I was wondering when you told me first that you will bring her with us but then she didn't come. I thought you just needed a friend with you... I thought you were just close... I-- So, you were really interested in her! Oh my God!" She covered her mouth surprised at the information. "You're Gay." She gasped before saying that in a whisper. I don't know if I should laugh or what.

"I still have a husband." I said to her. That made her change her expression.

"What if your feelings will comeback when you see him again unnie? What if it's still him?" I was about to tall her something when my lawyer knocked on the car door already. I look at her first before I look back at Jimin again.

"I don't think it'll be as strong as what I feel for Seulgi now." I confidently said to her. "Why don't you just wait for me here?" I said to her.

"I came here to--"

"I know, but I should settle this alone." She look at me, worriedly, before she smiled and nodded.

I went out of the car, meeting my lawyer.

"Can I talk to him alone first?" She was surprised hearing that from me. "Give me a few minutes." I said. She had no choice but to say yes.

I entered the restaurant and asked for my reservation. He won't stood me up, right? Someone lead me to a private room.

"The other person is already waiting for you Ma'am." He said as he was opening the door for me. I face him.

"Thank you." I bowed and he did the same.