12. Meant to Be

"Alrighty," I said, lifting myself up to get off the couch a few minutes later, "I think it's time I shared some of my art with you."

"Oh! Did you bring some of your pottery with you?" Matty asked excitedly, propping his head up on his elbow.

"Mm-mm," I said, shaking my head, before strolling to the other end of the couch and picking up Matty's guitar. His face broke into a giant smile and he sat up immediately as I stepped back to his end of the couch.

"I'm sure I've got a song in my heart somewhere that needs some coaxing," I said airily, flipping my hair dramatically.

Matty spread his legs, patting the cushion between them with his hands as he laughed. I sat down, reclining into his chest as he rested his chin on my shoulder to look down at the fretboard.

I cleared my throat dramatically, and I felt Matty smile to himself before kissing my cheek. He wrapped his arms around my waist gently while I analyzed the guitar.

I pressed my weak, unpracticed fingers on the fretboard one at a time into the shape of one of the three chords I knew how to play. I strummed the G chord with gusto a few times, then sang the first words that came to mind.

"He's got eyes like chocolate,"

I paused, slowly working my fingers into the shape of a C chord. He sat patiently while I moved my shaky fingers. I strummed the chord, a wrong note ringing out.

"Fuck..." I mumbled to myself.

"You've got it," he said sweetly as I plucked each note, figuring out which one was the culprit.

"Just down a string, darling..." he said softly with encouragement, his thumbs stroking my stomach absentmindedly. "There you go. That's it, you've got it," he said softly, kissing my jaw gently in support. I strummed again, this time with the right notes, before continuing with my improvised lyrics.

"A dessert I can't forget," I said with a smile, holding back a laugh at the cheesy lyric.

This time the pause was shorter, my fingers moving to an E minor chord.

"He's like medicine, always makes me feel better," I sang, my voice weak, but on pitch. I didn't notice his hands freeze as I concentrated on remembering the right placement for the C chord again. I strummed again, finishing up the progression.

"When we are together." I smiled, proud of my little song, and turned to look at Matty.

His mouth hung open, a look of disbelief on his face.

"Okay, let's not pretend like that was genius or something," I scolded him playfully.

He sat there with his mouth open in silence for a moment, processing. He shook his head, brow furrowing as he put a hand to his head.

"First of all, that was genius and I won't allow you to speak of anything you create as anything less," he wagged a finger at me sternly. "Second... are you sure you've never listened to my band's music?" he asked, perplexed.

"I mean, maybe unknowingly at a grocery store or something. But not to my knowledge, no." I answered. Matty continued to look at me in disbelief. "I already told you that, though. Why are you asking again?" I asked in confusion.

Matty slowly smiled at me, once again shaking his head. He pulled out his phone and typed something into it, then placed it back down on the couch before turning to me. 

"Will you play it again for me? I can finger the chords if you'd like," he smiled kindly at me. I raised my eyebrow at him suspiciously, but he beamed at me as he looked into my eyes, then looked down at my lips and placed a long kiss on my mouth. I couldn't help but melt into him, he felt like magic. 

Anything -- a Matty Healy Fanficजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें