11. Private Show

After George left, we finally sat down to eat the meal Matty cooked for us. We curled up on either end of the couch, our feet overlapping each other, and Matty handed me the remote to his giant TV, requesting I choose something for us to watch while we ate.

I threw on an episode of The Office (the American one) as we tucked in. 

"Oh woah, this is delicious, Matty!" I exclaimed about the rosé pasta he'd made for us. "You didn't tell me you were such a great cook!" I said, nudging his foot with my own.

"Oh stop, you're gonna make me blush," he said, feigning embarrassment with a smile. "I'm glad you like it though because I do love to cook. I don't get to do it very often, so it's a real treat when I do find the time, but I can only really make simple things. The more complex stuff is a bit much for my little pea brain," he said with a wink.

"No seriously, Matty. This has to be some of the best pasta I've ever had- it really is so delicious. I'm so impressed," I said in awe.

He nudged me back with his foot.

"Well now I'm really blushing," he said with a wide grin.

We settled back in and continued to eat while we watched our show. 

As we neared the end of the episode, I felt Matty staring at me. I turned to see him looking at me from the corner of his eye.

I cocked my head to the side with a smile, silently asking what he was looking at.

He threw his hands in the air. 

"I'm sorry, it's just so hot that you're wearing my band's merch!" he said, shaking his head in disbelief. 

I laughed as I placed my empty pasta bowl on the coffee table, rolling my eyes.

He opened his arms and stretched them out to invite me in, and I immediately obliged, hopping up to lie down alongside him. He scooped me up into his arms, pulling me in tight against him.

"I don't even know if I'm a fan yet- I haven't heard any of your music," I teased, as he playfully bit my chin with his teeth. 

"Oh, it's god awful. You'll hate it," he said with a devilish smile before diving back in to nip my nose next. 

"Someone's still hungry," I joked, wrinkling my nose at him in response to his bite.

"Only for you," Matty said while looking at my lips, then ran his tongue over his bottom lip before leaning in and kissing me. 

I was just biting Matty's bottom lip when suddenly I pulled away as an idea came to mind. "Wait, Matty! You should play me something!" I said excitedly, looking around before spotting an acoustic guitar sitting across the room from us.

"I'd much rather play you," he said, lightly tickling my stomach with his fingertips, making me giggle.

"Oh please, Matty? I'm so curious about what you write about, what you sound like. What you feel. Music is like a diary after all, isn't it? I wanna know what your brain sounds like."

"I promise you you do not want to know what it sounds like up here- an absolute bloody nightmare, it is," he said cheekily. I gave him a stern look and he let out a chuckle.

"Seriously though! You centre your whole life around this art of yours- I want us to be able to share everything with each other, especially something as personal as your art" I said, starting to feel a bit nervous that he wasn't excited about showing me his music. I searched his eyes for any doubt but his face had softened into a look of vulnerability.

"You really want to know what my mind sounds like?" he asked tentatively while he raked his fingers through his hair, almost in disbelief.

"I mean, not if you don't want to show me... But you seem so passionate about it, and I find your mind so interesting. I can only imagine your music is just as amazing," I said gently, my hand chasing his through his hair, our fingers meeting and eventually interlacing.