"I KNOW YOU ARE ALL VERY CONFUSED, HOWEVER, ALLOW ME TO EXPLAIN. FIRSTLY, YOU HAVE ALL COMMITTED CRIMES DESERVING OF MASSIVE HATRED. THAT IS WHY WE HAVE AN AUDIENCE HERE OF THE PEOPLE WHO YOU HAVE WRONGED!"

'I was a criminal?'

"AS FOR WHAT YOU ARE ALL DOING, IT IS SIMPLE. A RACE TO ESCAPE THIS PLACE. OF COURSE, THERE WILL BE TWISTS AND TURNS BUT MAKE SURE TO USE YOUR INTELLECTUAL CAPABILITIES TO THE FULLEST!"

It cut off right after that, there was no one else around besides us. 

"Ok, so we just gotta break outta here right?" Bete then went up to one of the doors and attempted to kick it down, but before he could a shock zapped him, causing a large blue electrical current to flare out from seemingly nowhere.

"AS I MENTIONED THIS WILL TEST YOUR INTELLECTUAL ABILITIES. THAT IS TO SEE WHO IS MOST FIT TO RETURN TO SOCIETY!"

"Let us search the room," Horn said. 

We all started to look around, and I found a pair of keys under the couch. I then went to a desk, where I inserted the key and opened it.

Inside was a code that said 2-5-12-12

"A code?" Horn appeared over my shoulder and looked at it. 

She then went to one of the doors and tried to open it using the code, but it failed.

"Man, this sucks!" Bete yelled as he was about to kick something again before stopping himself.

"Bete, have you checked by the TV?" I asked

"Yea, nothin'"

"Hmm, maybe the carpet? Check there,"

We all then started checking, when Bete seemed to have found something. 

"A new code...9/9/1040,"

"A bit different from mine. Notice the slash marks. Maybe this is a date? Try it in the code Horn," I instructed

She tried it and it opened, a smile came to her face that was a little too big given the situation.

"I'm glad you found this exciting but surely you do understand the situation we are in right?"

"I'm sorry..." She said as she put a finger to her mouth as if she couldn't understand why she was smiling.

"It's fine," We then walked into the room, which was a bedroom. 

We then searched starting with the bed and then to the carpets, only not to find anything.

"..." Bete didn't say anything but his fuse was about to blow. Horn on the other hand still seemed calm for the most part.

"For now, we should focus on seeing if anything else can connect these two rooms together. There's no place for a code, and there is seemingly no place for a key, so we should continue to keep looking around,"

"Are you shittin' me?! I've already been here for hours on end!" There was a single clock in the room, when we arrived it was at 1 AM, but right now it was 7 AM. 

According to the speakers we were part of Familia's, so they should come to pick us up. Assuming that is, that they're not ok with us being in here forever,"

We started double-checking, but eventually, Bete and Horn started getting tired of just checking the same spot over and over again, so they just decided to sit down and wait things out.

I went into the bedroom and ripped off the sheets and looked inside the mattress again. We didn't find anything here the first time, and once again I found nothing useful at first anyway. Inside the mattress were springs, I took all of them out and carried a bunch into the living room again.

"What are ya doing?" Bete asked 

"Getting us into the next room,"

The reason I was moving slowly at their pace was that I wanted to test them myself. Horn while patient seemed to be a somewhat fast thinker, but she also seemed a little...off. Bete on the other hand was smart, and good and finding things, but his short temper and short patience held him back from making progress.

I took the springs and intertwined them together as much as possible, making what looked to be one super long spring.

"Are you sure you haven't gone insane?" Horn asked as she tilted her head.

"You'll see. Grab on,"

They hesitated at first, but after my pestering they finally did. Then with full strength kicked the door. This time though the shock was spread out way more. There wasn't any rubber, which I was trying to find first, but the metal could work as well, but only to help lessen the damage. 

We were all shocked quite a bit but I was able to actually get the door down.

"...I should kill ya for that, but you did open the door,"

"I agree,"

I then looked at where I had determined the noise had come from. There was a small speaker there.  I also assumed there to be a camera.

I quickly turned my head around, being careful not to attract too much attention. All of us then entered the new room, which was a kitchen.