Floor 18

Hours quickly turned into days as we walked around the dungeon. Things were getting tense though between Lily and Welf.

"LISTEN! WHY ARE WE GOING DEEPER WHEN WE HAD AN OBVIOUS OPPORTUNITY TO GO UP?!"

"SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO BELL! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!"

This was how it was nearly the whole time. Monsters would come after us once and a while but they were of no problem. 

"Shut it, we are almost in the boss's room I think," I said quieting them down

Floor 17 had a boss, and I knew I had no chance against it if it was revived. Ais and her familia should have cleared it but it revives after 2 weeks so we would be cutting it close.

I peeked into the room and it seemed good, although I knew better than to just enter without precautions. I quickly set a potion in the air on a rope. It was fairly sturdy so it would take a few hits before falling.

I then turned to Lily and Welf "Run,"

I picked up Lily since she had the lowest stats and quickly ran with Welf following behind.

As we were in the middle of the floor when the boss showed itself. A huge goliath. 

"RAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

I didn't show any concern though as I kept running. So long as we continued at this pace we should be able to reach it before he can get to us.

However, With agility, I didn't expect he caught up to us in an instant.

"The fuck-?"

I quickly pushed Welf to the side and threw Lily forward.

"Bell!"

I got slammed against the wall with a force that made many of my bones crack.

"...Run,"

I looked at Lily and she reluctantly went, with Welf following.

I got flung all the way onto the opposite wall, so I was super far away from Lily, but they had managed to get through since the beast was focused on me.

I got out of the wall and did a quick review.

'3 broken ribs, right arm broken in two places...Sprained ankle as well. Probably some head damage as well,'

With this, I quickly popped a potion, not that it would help that much but I'll take what I can get. 

I walked toward the beast as he let out a scream again.

"RAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

While he was most defiantly stronger I could still predict his movement. As he charged at me I noticed something, a black aura wrapped around my arm.

A/N Egoitsic Desire is a mix of realise phase and Heroic desire. 

"?"

I quickly realized it wasn't a healing buff or anything and figured it had something to do with shadow spikes. With my level, I would Maybe be able to kill this thing with all my magic but I wasn't sure. Plus I had no plans of dying. That said a simple Idea popped into my head.

I quickly went to the exit and the beast followed. I then raised my hand summoning as much magic power as possible without passing out. This giant spike created a wall between us. The effect was massive and the black aura dispersed. He would lose vision of me for a second before he broke it down with his fist. That second was all I needed though.