1.

You let out a sigh when you looked at your card.
You were going to lose the game.

Jihyo: What happened, Y/n? Do you not have good cards to pass it down?

Your sharp eyes averted towards her, staring into her eyes with your cold looks.

Y/n: I have bad luck, Queen. I'm not lucky as much as you are

The Queen smirked while looking at her cards.

Jihyo: Yeah! You all spawns have bad luck. King Hee-soo loves me more

Nayeon: Jihyo, you won't be the most beautiful queen of this palace from tomorrow.

*Jihyo clutched her cards when King's second wife spoke*

Nayeon: King will marry her tomorrow, She's the young, most beautiful lady of the Daejeon. And our King was the one who asked Daejeon's King for Y/n.

*nayeon looked at you and smiled*

Jihyo: *scoff* You're just jealous nayeon because King never loved you.

She said while dropping down the card.

Nayeon: Of course, Jihyo, I never wanted a 42 year old man to love me. I have a self respect unlike you.

You slightly smiled behind your cards when the Eldest Queen glared at the other Queen.

Jihyo: *smirks* Self-respect? I married him first because his mother liked me. You married my King that your kingdom would get allied with Gwangju. And what about you, young princess..?

Your smile dropped, and your expression went back to cold ones.

Jihyo: Didn't your father want to sign a treaty with Gwangju. Your Kingdom is going under a drought zone, and your father wants Gwangju to re-open the Geum River. So your peasants would get the water.

Jihyo: So he sold his daughter for his Kingdom. What a great father and king he is!

Now it was your turn to clutch the cards.

Y/n: Gwangju blocked the water of the river years ago. Both the kingdoms were once again friends, but
your husband didn't let the water of river come in our Kingdom. Being greedy as he is, he asked 20 kilograms of gold coins from our wealth and took one of our palaces. Daejeon doesn't trade slaves as my kingdom is not cruel. So he asked for me?

You leaned closer towards the table and whispered

Y/n: My Queen, weren't you satisfying the old King that he asked a young princess for the marriage?

Jihyo's face reddened in anger.

She bang her fist on the table, making the cards fall on the floor when she heard Nayeon chuckling

Jihyo: You little

???: Your highnesses!

You quickly turned around when you heard a familiar voice. You and nayeon got up when you saw the prince of Daejeon, aka your brother standing at the doorway, looking down, his right arm against his chest.

Jihyo didn't bother to stand up as she was the attitude queen.

Jihyo: Prince jisoo? You came to meet your sister?

Jisoo: Yes, Queen Jihyo.

Nayeon: You don't have to be so formal, Jisoo.You can have your sister

You smiled at the kind Queen and walked near your brother

Y/n: What do you want to talk about?

-Jisoo let out a sigh when he saw your sad expressions on your face.

You were like a tough princess, but when you are alone with your brother who cared you like a father and mother, then you can't hold back your emotions that you always kept hiding from others.

Jisoo: I am sorry-

Y/n: Please, dont. It wasn't your fault.

Jisoo rested his hands on both your shoulder and turned you around towards him.

Jisoo: I am here to take you away from this marriage.

Your eyes widened, sparkling with the hint of relief & shock

Y/n: W-what? Are you really going to do that? What about father? He will kill you.

Jisoo: I don't care. I have to take you before daegu comes here.

You stumbled back when your brother mentioned the Kingdom's name.

Y/n: D-Daegu?

*That kingdom whose name is enough to scare you The feeling of hatred, anger, sorrow boiled up in your heart when he mentioned Daegu*

Jisoo: The king of Gwangju made a great mistake. He sent some of his army troops to spy on Daegu, and some of them raped some women in Daegu province.

Jisoo: One of the victims was the new King's cousin.

Y/n: *frowns* New King?

Jisoo: Yes, Choi Kim-soo died last week due to illness. His eldest son, Choi seungcheol, has taken the throne.

Jisoo: Daegu armies will come here soon for the invasion. They are pretty pissed with Gwangju

*Jisoo held your hand and started to walk towards the door*

Y/n: But what about other queens and princesses? They are not at fault!

Jisoo: Y/n! Worry about yourself. It's my responsibility to save you.

You jerked your hand from his grip, making Jisoo turn towards you in disbelief

Jisoo: What now?

Y/n: Let me at least take Nayeon with me.

Jisoo: No! We don't have time. Y/n, I told you. Never get attached to someone else. Soft heartedly people don't survive in this Royal politics.

Jisoo continued to walk towards the door but stopped when he heard a loud thud coming from the main door of the palace

Y/n: Are they here?

Jisoo: I need to hide you

Y/n: I am not hiding like a coward, Jisoo

*You said with your stern tone, but Jisoo noticed some fear hidden in your voice*

Jisoo: Y/n, I respect your confidence. But you never fought against Daegu. You don't know their strength, power, their skills. I don't want to lose you.

Jisoo: I am not repeating the same mistake. I let our brother fight against them, and I lost

Y/n: No! He's alive, Jisoo. I am pretty sure. My heart says. He's alive. He is in their prison.

Jisoo: Can you please stop! He's dead!

Jisoo dragged you in the corner and slid the heavy book shelf, revealing a secret room.

Jisoo: Stay in there. Don't open it until I come here.

You pulled Jisoo into a tight hug.

Y/n: Try to protect yourself, please.

Jisoo: *smiles* They won't harm me. I am from Daejeon, Y/n. But I am afraid for you as you were soon to be Young Queen of the Gwangju.

****************************************************