Epilogue

June 18, 2018

"Moony, where are you and when are you coming home?" Essie asked over the phone, there was a loud crash in the background and a loud swear from Kayla. A few shuffles, and giggles that Dawa found familiar but couldn't pinpoint at the moment, as there were too many sounds mixing into one.

"I'm at the pottery studio right now, I'll probably come home in about an hour. So around 9:00. Why should I come home earlier?"

"No!" Essie screamed causing the older to wince. "I mean, no no, take your sweet time...ha, okay bye!"

Dawa shook his head, a small smile creeping in as he shaped his clay on the wheel. He suspected that Essie and his mother were planning a surprise for his birthday. He didn't much care for surprises or birthdays, but he thought it sweet anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shhhh! I hear his bike, he's here!" Essie whispered. And sure enough, a loud motorbike came closer and closer, until the engines turned off.

"Everyone! Places!" Essie ordered a group of people,

Dawa walked in with his helmet. "I'm home!" He announced and reached to turn the lights on, which he found odd since both his mother and sister were night owls.

As soon as the lights turned on, he heard a loud pop, and colorful confetti and balloons floated in the air.

"SURPRISE!" The group screamed as they laid their eyes on a very shocked Dawa.

"Hyung! It's been ages since we last saw you!" Jimin spoke first running to the older with arms wide open. Dawa smiled, and hugged the younger back, squeezing him.

"Nice to see you're doing well!" Namjoon patted the younger on the back, but Dawa pulled him into a hug. One by one, the members each hugged Dawa.

"I can't believe you're all here! How? Aren't you busy?" Dawa questioned excitedly.

"Well, we couldn't miss out on our brother's birthday party! Especially when Essie asked so nicely." Jin winked at Essie out of habit, momentarily forgetting that Essie couldn't see it.

"Wow, I knew you guys were planning a surprise, but this, Mum, thank you! Thank you, Essie!" He hugged his two favorite females, smiling nonstop.

The seven members looked around and decided to seat on the couch. Dawa served them all tea as they caught up with each other. Dawa had kept up to date with BTS in terms of albums, performances, and all that, but he hadn't gotten the chance to talk to them intimately for a long time.

"So, what have you been up to lately?" Hobi asked, curiosity taking him over.

"Oh, nothing as grand as you. I've been teaching."

"Really?" Jungkook was amazed by the answer. It was unexpected, but somehow, it suited the older. He was patient, and kind, yet he had a good grip on the people around him.

"I give kids private violin lessons and French lessons. Most of them are very young." He smiled, as he mentioned this. "And in my free time, I do whatever I feel like. I've been getting back to ceramics as well." He explained, and now that he mentioned it, he remembered that he still had to wash up and change. "How long are you guys here for?"

"About a week actually. I begged Sae-Jun for a week's break. Actually, Do-Hwan did the begging..." Taehyung answered, frowning slightly. At the mention of Do Hwan, Dawa's head shot up from looking at his dirtied clothes.

"Did he come with you guys?" Dawa's voice was timid, almost unsure if he should ask that.

"No. He couldn't make it today, had some unfinished business to do, but that's the second part of the surprise. He's landing tomorrow morning, so you have to go pick him up." Jimin smiled knowing that the older was happy to hear this news.