Birthday pt. 2

Dawa had slammed the door behind him, leaving the left of the guys. Everyone looked at each other, Jimin's eyes were tearing up. Taehyung held Yoongi's hand, squeezing it. 

"I-It is his birthday right?" Hobi stuttered, facing the rest. The food on his plate looked suddenly less yummy. 

Yoongi nodded his head. "I was going to tell you later...I didn't know he would snap again..." He started, rubbing the back of his neck. 

"What are you talking about?" Namjoon voice was even more rusty than normal as he had just woken up. "What so you mean agai-"

"Joon, let him explain first." Jin sighed. 

"I think he thought we were all sleeping, he was crying out here. Like sobbing, and he kept saying sorry." Everyone was now almost about to laugh. Jungkook almost spit his water out. 

"You mean Dawa was crying are you sure? I can barely catch him smiling!" Taehyng spoke. They all sat on the floor together trying to figure why he was acting like that on his birthday. 

~~~~~~~~~~

By the time they were all ready to go to BigHit, Dawa still hadn't come back. Namjoon was bumping into everything and everyone sending at least a dozen voicemails. Jungkook and Taehyung were running around chasing each other, mostly because Taehyung had the last Banana milk and wouldn't even share. 

"Joon, let's just go. Knowing Dawa, he's probably already at the company." Jin reasoned. "If he isn't we can tell Bang PD nim, and get help." Joon nodded, herded everyone out of the tight dorm. 

Namjoon couldn't help but feel guilty. He was the leader, it was his job to make sure everyone was okay. He couldn't focus on the conversation on way to the building. 'How did I notice that something was bothering him?' Haunting words and the fear of failure as a leader crept into the back of his mind. 

"Joon Hyung!" Jungkook pulled him backwards by the hood of Joon's Hoodie. "You were going to bump into that!" Jungkook pointed at the door. "Now, you can kindly buy more Banana milk the next time you go shopping as a thank you!" He smiled cheekily. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Dawa was in the dance room as Jin suspected. He was there sitting against the wall. His eyes were closed, soft music playing. 

"Dawa Hyung..." JImin tiptoed in. His voice suited the song as it was light and tentative. "Do...Do you want to talk about it?" Yoongi was now coming into the room. "I mean...you know that we're here for you right? Whenever you're ready..." Yoongi nodded in agreement as the rest of them entered the room. 

Dawa shook his head and got up. He pulled his face back together in that same poker face. Yoongi let out a low whistle, amazed at how well he could pull himself together and fake. Nothing seemed to give away how Dawa was truly feeling, even the eyes became like stone. 

"Okay...Um. Yeah, we should go over the dances..."

~~~~~~~~~~~

By the end of their practice Namjoon had been called in the office. Everyone waited for him, Hobi helping Jin out with the more compliated dance move while they waited. 

"I'll be back...Bathroom." Dawa pointed to the restroom and walked off. Yoongi nodded watching after him as Dawa left. "Hey Jimin...have you noticed? Dawa has a slight limp." Yoongi whispered, as he squinted his eyes. "Or am I just going crazy..." 

"No, I noticed it too." Jimin reassured. "sometimes, he just randomly falls. I think it's related to the limp." 

Jin walked right in between them cutting off their conversation. "You guys are always whispering to each other. I wanna know the secrets!" He pouted. Jin understood that they were pretty close. All of the boys were. He also understood evaryone treated each other a little differently to everyone else. But he didn't understand these two's friendship. Sometimes they bickered like their was no tomorrow, sometimes they teased each other, sometimes they just didn't talk and sometimes they were in their own little world. 

"We'll tell you later." 

~~~~~~~~~~~

As Namjoon walked back in, he had a huge smile on his face. Putting his dimples clearly on display. 

"What are you glowing for?" Jimin questioned. He felt disgusting since he was all sweaty and out of breath. He was tired since they've been practicing non-stop since lunch. And he was hungry. 

"Oh nothing, we have our own transportation now." Namjoon explained. Everyone cheered, and happily left the room to see their brand new escort. 

It was a black SUV, which the boys were all in awe of. "I call driving it first! It's mine!" Jungkook called getting into the driver's seat. 

"Yeah, nice try kid, get in the back. You don't even have a license." Jin shooed out a grumpy Jungkook and sat himself in front go the steering wheel. Everyone got themselves in the SUV, Dawa seated between the window and Yoongi. 

Everyone was quiet, just resting. It was one of the rare moments where they got to just be. In the darkness and the quiet. 

Yoongi looked over to Dawa, in the dim light, he noticed odd movements. Yoongi tapped him, but Dawa's hand was too cold and clammy. 

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Ca-can't...dizzy. Spinning." 

"Jin Hyung, pull over, now."

The car screeched a horrible sound. Dawa pushed the door open, immedietly vomiting on the cement. 

"Joon, pass me the water bottle." Yoongi was taking charge, and a second wave of guilt and failure washed over Joon, but he still gave Yoongi the bottle. 

"I-I'm okay now. Thanks."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dawa just went straight into the room. As the rest watched looking defeated, he left. 

"This is so annoying!" Jungkook screamed. He'd had enough of this tension, the youngest just wanted things to be okay again. "After yelling at us this morning, he has nothing to say? After vomiting whatever lunch he had, making us worried he has no expla-" 

"Jungkook rela-"

"No hyung! Don't tell me to relax when that guy, stranger, could be dying and we still wouln't know anything until it's too late. He's been here what? 4 months? and I still know nothing about him! It's not fair! The rest of us are making an effort to know him, open him up but he's just keeps resisting our help!" Jungkook was now seething. Taehying only nodded in agreement. Jin and Hobi understood his anger. They saw how Dawa's silence was hurting the others. The more effort they put in to trying to crack Dawa open, the more disappointment and hurt seemed to be returning. 

Namjoon let out a sigh. "Kookie, I understand, but let's just rest up tonight. I think- I don't think he wants to or will explain anything tonight. I think his birthday means something else and not his birthday. So let's just leave it be for tonight. Tomorrow, we can have a group meeting and hear him out, okay?" 

Jungkook nodded, along with the rest. It was a long day of practice. The worry that Dawa had stirred up just caused even more stress. Everyone needed sleep.