The Work Never Ends

Yoongi, Hobi, and Namjoon were stuck in the studio for the next week. Namjoon had felt uneasy with leaving Dawa and the rest of the group for so long. He always texted on the group chat to check in with them. 

Joon Hyung 

Hey, how's everyone?

Usually, everyone would answer back quickly, just sent thumps up emoji after a few hours which worried everyone but then again, he never was one to respond, and on the rare occasions that he did, it would be a single emoji after 5-6 hours. 

"Joon, focus on this for now. We'll be done in a couple of hours." Yoongi had noticed how Namjoon body seemed tense. His words jumbled over one another. Another indication that he was feeling uneasy. This did not escape Yoongi's eyes. Namjoon nodded and tried to tune back into the conversation. 

"I think it would be best if everyone had a solo song in the album and of course the title track would have all of us. But this track sounds fitting for a title...don't you think?" Hobi had been thinking about having a solo for each member since the beginning of the week. 

"I think that could be done. It could be a good way to give the individual stories of ourselves in the BU." 

After much discussion, they had decided that they would try to tell the struggles of the characters in the BU through each of their solos.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unfortunately, their new dorm was further away from the company than their old dorms. But they did have a lot more room. They had a living room and a large kitchen with a dining table and three separate bedrooms and two bathrooms. They were all so delighted to see the white apartment, clean and tidy. Hobi and Jimin were roommates, Jungkook and Taehyung, Jin and Yoongi, and lastly, Namjoon and Dawa. 

"Hey, welcome back," Dawa spoke looking up from his book. "Do you guys want a cup of tea?" He asked, sipping his own. He had his thin, black-rimmed reading glasses on. 

"Nah, we're okay. What are you reading?" Namjoon tilted his head, trying to read the book's title. He frowned at the name and the author. "I've never heard of this author, can I read it after you?" 

Dawa nodded, still reading. It was late, the curtains were closed in their apartment, and it was dark, but cars were still active. They could hear the honking and the screeching of cars, people walking and ambulance whizzing by. 

"We should get a lot of rest. We have some fan signs and interviews this week." 

~~~~~~~~~

Sae-Jun hurriedly walked in. He was panting with a drink in one hand and a tablet in his other hand. He looked over at Namjoon and shook his head. 

"You seem like you're concentrating hard. What're you reading anyway?" He panted between words. 'Be a manager they said, it'd be fun they said.' He deadpanned in his head as he sat down next to Namjoon. 

"Demian by Herman Hesse, it's Dawa's book. I'm surprised that he was reading this since he prefers non-fiction...It's very interesting, the writing doesn't seem complete, but you can still understand it, it just had an eerie feel to it, you know?"

"Do-Hwan, can you hand this to Dawa, he needs some energy for the interview. Poor kid...can he not be conscious in a car? He always looks so terrified every time he gets in, you can see him shaking. I wish I can do more than buy him his Earl Gray tea." Sae-Jun knew that Dawa had a traumatic past that involved a car accident. He figured that much, but he wasn't going to force information out of anyone. Do-Hwan on the other hand wished he knew what happened to Dawa. He would beg that other staff to tell him only for them to shrug and sigh disappointedly.