Something Sad

As soon as they landed Dawa made a phone call to his neighbor asking on any news of the babysitter and his mother. Mrs. Watson had confirmed that Essie was alright and slept over at her place.

"There is no news on the babysitter and your mum is still not picking up." She delivered the bad news.

Dawa nodded while he followed Jungkook and his manager out of the airport. He did not sleep well on the plane and he didn't take his pill since the car ride to his house was pretty short.

"Okay thank you so much! I'm 30 minutes away right now and I'll pick her up and take her back to our flat." Dawa hung up and stared the car in front of him. Jungkook saw how his face became a bit paler and he promised to himself he would take care of Dawa. Whatever it took, since the other members who usually kept a closer eye on him weren't there.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mooniee! You're back!" Essie ran up to Dawa as soon as she heard the door open. Dawa hugged her, picking her up in the process. She was a bit old for that but Dawa couldn't resist it after not being able to see her for almost 2 years.

Mrs. Watson was still in her bed clothes. Her hair was in rollers and she was wearing a mint green sleeping rope on top of her bed clothes.

"Aww how sweet is that? Oh and you two must be his friends! Hello, nice to meet you. Would you like a cup of tea?" The women looked at them with her bright blue eyes expectingly.

Jungkook and Do-Hwan looked at Dawa, not sure what to do or say. They looked like lost puppies looking for their owner.

"Oh, um she want to know if you want tea but..." Dawa translated. They both shook their head, what they wanted was a bed and sleep.

Essie was trying ask Dawa questions, too excited to be back with her brother. Dawa, however, had to ignore her as he was too busy thanking the women.

"Mrs. Waston, thank you so much for watching after Essie. My friends are okay without tea. I think they just would like to rest up since we came straight from the airport." Dawa explained. "We don't want to over stay our welcome, but it was really good seeing you." Dawa waved goodbye as they walked out into the hallway.

As Dawa led everyone to his flat, he felt a wave of calmness settle in. The ground seemed to be more stable than when he got out of the car. His heart seemed more settled than when he got on the plane.

When they entered their flat, they were first met with a small living area. A gray couch faced them, which he told everyone to take a seat and rest.

"Essie, on your left is one of the members of BTS, Jungkook. He's very excited to meet you and on your left is one of our manager, Do-Hwan." He introduced the two people to his sister in English.

"Guys this is my little sister Essie." Dawa said in Korean. "Um, I know you guys are tired so you can go sleep in my room. It's the second door to the left." They both got up and walked out, knowing that he wanted to talk to Essie.

"Okay, Essie. I want you to tell me if you have any idea where the babysitter went."

Essie stayed silent. The beads in her hair were now all pink. She seemed to be thinking but Dawa doubted she had any idea.

"Oh! I don't know where she went but she was talking to her boyfriend on the phone and then he came to pick her up." She explained.

"Alright, that's good enough. Do you know if mum payed her already?"

"She didn't. Can we tell her to not pay her the money since she abandoned me? She doesn't deserve it!" Essie shook her head causing the beads to bump into each other.

Dawa let out a smile, shaking his head. "Sure. You said mum went camping? She probably doesn't have any service there and didn't realize." Dawa was pretty much at predicting these things. He knew his mother and what she was like and this wasn't the first time she went camping without realizing that she had no service.

~~~~~~~~~

That first day, Dawa and Essie just talked about the things in their life. They converses in french because she wanted to practice. Dawa was surprised at how good she had gotten and how fast she was learning it.

"I had a really good teacher." She smiled cheekily as she explained why she was so good.

"Colette?"

She shook her head, looking almost dissatisfied with Dawa's guess. "You! You were teaching me words and phrases before you left and then I learned that Colette was French so I asked her to be my substitute teacher since you were gone."

"So it was the both of us."

"I guess, but you're my first and favorite teacher!" She giggled as she said this. She did not stop smiling that day.

When they went out to buy some ingredients for dinner, she told everyone she passed, "My brother is here finally after almost 2 years!" They all were very friendly but Dawa couldn't help but feel a bit awkward.

~~~~~~~~~

Jungkook couldn't fully relax. There was so many things going on. He was anxious about the Golden Disk Awards and the rest of the members and also about being in a new place. But he also understood that he was in Dawa's home, which meant that there were a lot of information about Dawa hidden in the cracks and creases.

While Do-Hwan slept, he looked around the small room. He noticed how there were so many random things. So many books on so many different topics, mostly non-fiction and classics.

Being in this environment, Jungkook felt inclined to find out more about Dawa since he was still very private. "It's better than worrying about something that I have no control over." He murmured to himself while he stared at a bag of clay in the corner. An unfinished sculpture sat on a table.

'Seems like he left before finishing that...there's something sad about that.'