Recording the emperor's daily life used to be a beautiful job, and everyone in the Imperial Academy rushed to do it, but now it has become a hot potato, and everyone avoids it like a snake.

    Fortunately, Zhou Yi is a newcomer, and it is not his turn to record the emperor's daily life. His current job is to manage and compile history books.

    Zhou Yi likes this job quite a bit. Almost all the history is recorded here. Zhou Yi looked at it one by one. Some things recorded in the official history. Think of these books as novels.

    After reading the book for a few days and getting acquainted with the process, Zhou Yi started to work. He used to do his own thing quietly, and listened to gossip from his colleagues every day. There were not so many intrigues in the Imperial Academy. .

    But at the end of the month, he was involuntarily involved in a storm of asking for salary.

    In a few days, it was the end of the month. The officials of the Imperial Academy had no extra income, and they were all looking forward to their salary, but who knows, several days have passed since the salary payment day, and there is still no income from the Ministry of Household Affairs. what action.

    The old man who cried and complained that the family would not be able to get rid of the pot was completely crazy at the moment. After he got the consent of the head of the hospital, he called on all his colleagues and went to the household department in a mighty way, even the new rookies. and zipped up.

    Zhou Yi really didn't expect that the first thing he did when he stepped into the workplace was not being liked by his boss wearing small shoes, nor was he being squeezed out secretly by his colleagues, but it was the first time he encountered such absurd thing.

    He thought it was due to the low salaries of the Dai Viet Dynasty, but after listening to his colleagues in the Imperial Academy, he realized that the salaries of officials were not low, as long as they were not squandered, they were still enough for the basic living of officials.

    But the key point is that in recent years, the situation has become worse and worse, either here is flooded, or there is drought, not to mention whether there is relief or not, once a natural disaster occurs, at least there is no hope for the tax revenue of this place. In addition to disasters, land annexation in Da Viet has become more and more serious in recent years. Who are the people who can annex land? Officials and aristocratic families are exempt from corvee and tax. The more they merge, the less tax revenue the court will receive.

    What's more important is that there are many border troubles in the Dai Viet dynasty, especially the nomads in the north, who are staring at the fat of Dai Viet all the time, and invade the border every year. Da Yue's fighting power is not as good as others, so he has to bear the burden of humiliation and spend money to buy peace. It is a big fortune to spend on this every year, and people are always aggressive, and Da Yue's weakness makes the other party's appetite grow. The most important thing is that other surrounding countries have also seen Dai Viet's internal weakness, and they also want to follow suit and make a fortune.

    Due to external troubles and internal troubles, Dai Viet's finances naturally became more and more difficult.

    The money of those wolves outside is indispensable, otherwise they will come to your door if they are not good. in arrears.

    If it is other departments, they can naturally find ways to get money. Needless to say, the Ministry of Households is in charge of this. The promotions of all the local officials have fallen, and the local officials are still trying their best to manage them...     The Imperial Academy is actually not bad. When I met a more reliable emperor, the Imperial Academy, as the emperor's cronies, has rumors and rumors Power, and the emperor will more or less listen to the Hanlin Academy. In this way, other officials have to win over the gentlemen of the Hanlin Academy.     For those who offer sacrifices in winter and summer, there will be a lot of outside water for a year.