21.Important heir to the Throne

Original CEO ft Enice

"Asavadevathin will also participate in the competition... Bring Kanin in."

As the door creaked open, allowing sunlight to stream into the room, all eyes turned towards the newcomer with eager anticipation. The introduction of the significant successor heightened the suspense. While most awaited with bated breath, Ratchata continued to smirk, his expression mocking.

But Dhipabawon ignored him, focusing on the important matter at hand. "Those summoned here today, we need to introduce someone important. This young man is our only grandson, the next successor who will oversee Atsawathewathin, following Tarin."

All eyes fixed on Kanin, his features resembling an egg, with double-layered eyes and a nose akin to Tarin's, unmistakably of the Atsawathewathin bloodline. His resemblance to Tarin was uncanny, affirming his lineage.

Kanin straightened his posture and bowed respectfully, embodying the teachings of Chakri. Determination mingled with worry in his mind, but he resolved to move forward.

As Kanin contemplated speaking, a voice interrupted, questioning his identity. "How can we be sure this person is the true Young Prince? Everyone knows the successor of Atsawathewathin passed away in childhood. How can we be certain of anyone's identity?"

The truth remained uncertain, and Kanin hadn't yet had a chance to speak. The middle-aged man's voice carried doubt, while the figure in the snake-adorned suit exuded hostility.

"We already know that you would be the one who would ask..." Dhipabawon intentionally addressed Ratchata as the main character, a faint smile gracing the lips of the elderly man before signaling to the royal officer. Documents were distributed to each member of the royal family.

Silence filled the room as everyone delved into the documents, particularly Ratchata, who scrutinized each letter and stroke of ink meticulously.

"This document confirms, through DNA testing, previous residency records, and childhood photographs, that this young man is indeed the same individual involved in the events over twenty years ago."

Ratchata's smile widened, but Kanin noticed it didn't reach his eyes.

"And how can we be sure about this, Your Majesty? That evidence may have been tampered with, this child could be deceiving us... Deceiving even you, Your Majesty."

Ratchata's smile remained, but Kanin sensed the anger simmering beneath the surface. He sought Tarin's reaction, but the man remained silent, uncomfortably quiet.

Waseen, ruler of Meenakarin, kept his head lowered, refraining from speaking. He seemed like a man without a voice, merely observing as the watchdog for the Atsawathewathins.

Ratchata's eyes burned with anger as he scanned the monarch. He despised the Atsawathewathin family for their authority, having produced successive Sovereign-Kings twice and still seeking a third term, playing games with unknown tricks.

Despite knowing all along about their royal heir, they remained silent, allowing other families to play the fool. It was only when they realized they had an important rival to watch out for that they prepared to step onto the battlefield.

From a darker perspective, it seemed Tarin himself might have orchestrated the creation of a new character, collaborating with Dhipabawon to disguise this character as his own son. This undermined the legitimacy of other royal lineages, ensuring Atsawathewathin's eligibility in the competition. Ratchata found it hard to believe all the evidence presented before him.

"You can prove that better than anyone else, Ratchata. If you're still unsure, I can have Kanin verify his lineage with the hospital affiliated with the Puchongpisut family, so there won't be any doubts about this test result, giving your people another reassurance," Dhipabawon proposed, drawing everyone's attention back to the matter at hand.