19.Just You

Original CEO ft Enice

"Hello."

He greeted as a child who had never been sought after, and the
teenage boy scrutinized Tarin as a stranger who shared the same bloodline,
which made him feel distant and separated, like a large wall that stood
between them.

"Um."

Tarin herself was probably just as disturbed. The other person looked
as if they wanted to say something, but in the end remained silent, making
Dipabawon anxious and causing him to rush to rescue the situation that
could be called a crisis.

"From now on, you will be part of Asavadevathin, and there will be many
things that need to be adjusted. You can take it slow, but if there is anything
unsatisfactory, just let Chakri know. He has the duty to comply with all your orders as you hold the rank of Sovereign King...as the grandson of a
monarch."

The sound from the people sitting at the table was barely audible to Kanin.

The young boy couldn't understand the long sentence, feeling overwhelmed until he remembered what mattered. His mouth twitched as he decided to follow his desires.

"About the ceremony—"

"And what about Tattanai, my old friend over there? I've heard he's improved a lot and started cooking. How's he treating you?"

Dhipabawon asked, gesturing towards the new grandson.

"It's okay, please go ahead."

Kanin said calmly. He was determined to end the competition and return to a peaceful life.
He believed he was firm in his decision until his eyes met Charan's, feeling a sense of familiarity.

"I want to know more about Tattanai. I heard he's doing well with cooking. How's he treating you?" Dhipabawon asked.

"He's doing well," Kanin replied briefly after listening to the long story at the table."

The young man opposite him reminded Dhipabawon of Tattanai in his youth. Like Tattanai, he remained silent when dissatisfied and asked only necessary questions.

However, this person seemed gentle and sensitive even about small things.

"Have you sparred with Tattanai frequently... Do you know how skilled your father is?" Dhipabawon asked, referring to Kanin's father.

Despite Tattanai's sacrifices in raising him, he remained one of Kanin's fathers. Honoring those not present, even in secret, made people feel good. Kanin was nostalgic but firm in his thoughts.

"I know... because we practice together every day," he replied calmly.

Kanin maintained basic etiquette and intentionally ended the conversation to focus on his matters. Suddenly, the highest person in the palace burst out laughing quietly.

Dhipabawon's eyes lit up as he recalled old times. "Still persisting and not changing."

"Tattanai I knew was always like that... He knows you train with a sword every day because one day you must compete for the position of Sovereign King, just like Tarin did... It's a competition that made Tattanai proud, as he was once the best swordsman on Tarin's team.

People chuckled as they shared stories from the past. Dhipabawon felt good thinking about his old friend, who was both a guard and an important figure in helping him become Sovereign King due to his love for justice.

"Uh... when your mom was pregnant and knew she'd have you, Tattanai even wanted to be your coach... He quit as head of the guards to teach a kid who wasn't even born yet. Just thinking about him makes me miss him..."