15. By My Side

Original CEO ft Enice

Charan listened intently to his mother's explanation, captivated by her gentle voice and the wisdom she imparted. He nodded along, absorbing the lesson about the intricate social structure of bees, drawing parallels between their society and his own.

"And the third type is the queen bee," his mother continued, her tone soft yet authoritative. "She is the most important bee in the hive. She lays eggs, ensuring the continuation of their lineage, and commands the other bees with her pheromones."

Charan's brow furrowed slightly as he processed the information. "But why are you telling me about bees, Mom?"

His mother smiled warmly, her eyes shimmering with affection. "Because, my dear Charan, our family, the Pithakthewa family, is like a hive. Just as bees have their roles and responsibilities to ensure the survival of their colony, each member of our family has duties to uphold for the well-being of our lineage and our country."

Charan's young mind tried to grasp the significance of his mother's words. He knew his family held an esteemed position in society, but he had never fully understood the weight of their responsibilities until now.

"You are the next leader of our family, Charan," his mother declared, her voice tinged with pride and solemnity. "It is a duty passed down through generations, a responsibility to protect and uphold the honor of our lineage."

The realization washed over Charan like a wave, filling him with a sense of duty and purpose. He looked up at his mother with determination in his eyes, silently vowing to honor the legacy of his ancestors and safeguard the future of his family.

As the memory faded, Charan found himself back in the present, standing amidst the fragrant roses of the greenhouse. The weight of his responsibilities felt heavier now, but he carried them with a newfound resolve, knowing that he was part of something greater than himself. And though his mother was no longer with him, her words echoed in his heart, guiding him on his path as the future leader of the Pithakthewa family.

Kanin felt a pang of concern wash over him as he gazed into Charan's eyes, seeing the distress reflected there. He realized that Charan wasn't just physically unwell; he was emotionally vulnerable too. Without a moment's hesitation, Kanin made a decision.

"I'll stay," Kanin said softly, his voice carrying a soothing tone. He gently extricated his hand from Charan's grip and settled himself on the edge of the bed, close enough to offer comfort but giving Charan space if he needed it.

Charan's eyes softened with gratitude, and he nodded slightly, the tension in his body easing just a fraction. Kanin reached out and brushed a lock of hair away from Charan's forehead, his touch light and reassuring.

"You need to rest," Kanin murmured, his words gentle yet firm. "I'll be here with you. You're not alone."

Charan closed his eyes again, a sense of relief washing over him as Kanin's presence provided a source of comfort amidst his discomfort. The fever still raged within him, but knowing that Kanin was by his side gave him a measure of peace.

As the night wore on, Kanin remained steadfast beside Charan, offering words of encouragement and comfort whenever needed. Despite the worry weighing on his heart, Kanin found solace in being able to provide support to someone in need.

And as the first light of dawn began to filter through the curtains, Charan's fever finally broke, leaving him exhausted but on the road to recovery. Kanin stayed by his side throughout the night, a silent guardian watching over him until the morning light chased away the shadows of the night.

In that moment, as Charan drifted into a peaceful sleep, Kanin realized the depth of their connection. It was more than just friendship; it was a bond forged through shared experiences and unwavering support.