4.Truth in Lies

Original: CEO ft Enice

"What did you say..."

Kanin's voice randomly burst out dryly, as if not his own voice. He walkedover and stopped in the middle of the living room, causing the reactions of thetwo people in front of him to be different. Tattanai, who was constantly worrying in histhoughts, felt his soul suddenly shrink and disappear into a wide-eyed stare.The middle-aged man's face turned pale and clashed with the calmness on Charan's face.

"Nin..."

"I asked... what did you say?" The beautiful pair of eyes trembled, feelingconfused, anxious, and worried, like a sharp sword that rushed in, intending tohurt the core. Kanin, still seeming out of place, looked at Charan, but he did notreceive an answer, turned his gaze to the man who was his father.

"Can anyone answer me what the hell is this all about?!" screamed Charan,standing up to his full height. The people who had been sitting in theconference room previously, shook hands and made gestures, turned to lookat Tattanai before falling silent.

"I will give you time to explain everything to the Young-Prince." There was noquestion beyond that, and Kanin noticed that his father could only bow hishead and not even meet the gaze of this man... the man who was walkingstraight towards them. 

 "Then I'll be back." The last sentence from Charan came with a gesturedirected at Kanin. The young man raised his head and looked at the personwho had just learned that he had royal blood flowing through his veins, beforethe long-legged man left this house. Leaving a silence to engulf the room.

"Nin, I'm sorry..."  It took Tattanai more than five minutes to relent. Somephrases came out, but they were not what he wanted to hear. For a moment,Kanin felt like he was choking on something he had swallowed. His nerves,senses, and body were all in confusion because he knew his father's characterbetter than anyone else.

Tattanai is abnormal.

 "Dad... Tell me that the man is lying." The weakness and uncertainty wereevident in Khanin's voice. Tattanai's pained expression was visible to Khaninthrough Khanin's tone of voice. The person known as "His Birth Father" hadbeen taking deep breaths all his life as if he had never fallen down before.

"All of that... is true." It was as if lightning had struck Kanin's chest, followedby a strong feeling of nausea that engulfed him. His mind was full ofquestions, but he couldn't seem to articulate anything.

"..."

"Emmaly is a country governed by the Sovereign-King, whose current name is Sovereign-King Dhipabawon. He is the lead of the Atsawathewathin family."

"..."

"The Sovereign-King had only one son, Prince-Tarin. Over 20 years ago,Prince-Tarin married Princess-Consort Kunita, and they gave birth to a youngprince... But before the young prince could reach the age of one, anunexpected event happened." 

"Why are you telling me this, Dad?"

As Kanin asked his questions, Tattanai told him a story that he had heardbefore. Kanin's brow furrowed in confusion, just like a fool.

"The procession of Princess Consort Kunita was targeted and ambushed, she was kidnapped while on her way back from her hometown. The incident caused Prince Tarin to lose his Princess-Consort and a Young Prince, but inreality, nobody knows what happened. The Sovereign-King helped the youngprince escape and ordered the royal guards to take him out of the country for his safety." 

"..."

"The Sovereign-King ordered the lord of the royal guards to pledge to protect Young-Prince with his life, by pledging his blood oath."