12.Emmaly

Original CEO ft Enice

In the capital city of Daveen, Emmaly

Prince Tarin walked into the living room of the capital city, Emmaly, where a large curved window separated the garden from people sipping tea in lounge chairs. The absence of background music made the usually relaxing atmosphere tense. Passing the guards, Tarin greeted his father, the Sovereign-King, with a respectful gesture before sitting down. As he took a sip of the prepared English breakfast tea, he sensed something amiss and asked his father if there was a problem, noticing the unusual silence and lack of usual relaxing elements like music in the air.

"I need some time to think, nothing special, don't worry," the old man reassured, his eyes blinking as he watched a small moth flutter around the palace's flowers. Dhipabawon gazed outside, avoiding eye contact with his son, Tarin.

Tarin took another sip of his tea, the bitterness and scent of dried kaffir lime leaves waking him up. The silence between them added to the tension, but before Tarin could speak, his father broke it.

"Are you ready for the meeting?"

"Yes, I am," Tarin replied hesitantly, noting his father's hidden concerns. Though an expert at concealing emotions, Dhipabawon seemed troubled, possibly due to the impending meeting with royal members arriving in Daveen.

Despite the casual conversation, leaders knew the gathering focused on a crucial topic—the report on gem production and export, vital for Emmaly's economy.

"Good, prepare yourself, Tarin."

"Yes, Your Majesty," Tarin responded, sensing an underlying complexity in his father's order.

The reception room, adorned with white wood, sofas,

Upon Lord Nin's arrival, the princes stood up to show respect. As the highest authority, he urged them to begin the discussion, and Tarin, representing the Northern Regions, started his report.

"In this quarter, the Northern Regions exported over 64% of our gold in jewelry. However, we faced transportation issues, particularly with Switzerland, causing slight delays due to strict import measures."

Prince Ratchata of the eastern coastal region, known for gemstones, expressed concern about diamond exports.

"Your Majesty, my nephew's diamond exports are problematic. According to the Kimberley agreement, we shouldn't trade uncertified diamonds, yet there are reports of smuggling, mainly from the Northern Regions. We want to return the stolen diamonds. Can you help?"

Ratchata's plea held an underlying pressure, aiming to protect his own region's interests. The Sovereign King agreed to sign a letter certifying the offender's origin.

"Thank you, Your Majesty," Ratchata smiled, while Dhipabawon maintained indifference.

Prince-Chana, leader of the Thawetmetha family in the west, reported on gem trade.

"Thawetmetha faced slight trade issues, but we resolved them. Our digital sales system boosted soft gems and jade exports."

"And what about the reports of missing goods during transportation?" The Sovereign-King's question made Prince-Chana hesitate, given his conservative disposition.

"We have not found clear evidence of the cause. For now, we are working on preliminary solutions by improving transport routes and thoroughly inspecting missing goods." The Sovereign-King offered assistance if needed, and Prince-Chana expressed gratitude.

Next in line was Prince-Waseen of the Meenakarin family, governing a sea-bound territory known for pearls. He reported smoothly with a soothing voice, stating, "This quarter, there are no issues with our pearl farms, and exports are meeting expectations. Currently, we are developing dark champagne pearls. If there are any reports from the lab, I will send a letter to the Royal Secretary."

It appeared that only Atsawathewathin and Meenakarin didn't raise concerns for the Sovereign-King during the discussions. When asked if there was anything he could help with, Prince-Waseen expressed happiness and a desire to know about the Sovereign King's well-being.

However, Ratchata, ruler of the eastern coastal region, shifted the focus back to the rigid rules preventing frequent gatherings. The Sovereign-King explained the strict security measures for the safety of all parties, frustrating Ratchata.

Ratchata expressed frustration with the ironclad rules, limiting access to the palace. The Sovereign-King defended the rules, stating they were important. The established rules restricted access to the palace, frustrating leaders who needed to follow guidelines for entry.

"It is extremely chaotic and frustrating..."

"The affairs of the city's rulers are likely to be more chaotic than this. Uncle, do you not think that following a certain rule would be more complicated than the ability of those in government? Is that true?" Ratchata challenged, expressing discontent with the established rules.

"..."

"The most important thing is that the guards can check on everyone's important treasures, but they cannot go and check on anyone else's personal guards," the Sovereign-King spoke calmly, asserting his authority and causing those of lower rank to quiet down.

Ratchata, recognizing the need to shift the conversation, attempted to improve his facial expression and changed the topic.

"I have heard that you, Uncle, have become very ill. If you need it, the royal doctor from the eastern capital can send a letter to me, and I will send the most skilled doctor in science and medicine in the country."

Ratchata's words held truth, as the Eastern Regions were known for producing jade and gems for export. The Phuchong Pisut family wielded influence and power, symbolizing wealth and prosperity. 

A python curled around a short stool, its eyes resembling flawless diamonds, symbolizing control over even dangerous venomous animals.

"Your father is doing well. Even in the city of Daveen, there are very skilled doctors. Ratchata, you do not have to worry, as I myself have been taking good care of my father,"

 Tarin spoke up after being silent for a long time. His face remained calm, smiling slightly at the siblings, though the smile did not reach his eyes.

The atmosphere between the Golden Horse and Diamond Snake families was tense, creating a small, suffocating war. Waseen offered to end the tension by suggesting lunch together. The leaders agreed, with Waseen leading them to the dining room.

In the meantime, Ramil and Evva, royal cousins, engaged in an archery competition. Evva's accuracy tied with her brothers, showcasing her remarkable skill. As they prepared for the royal feast, Evva engaged in a polite but distant conversation with Ramil, and Petai, a trusted friend of Ramil, joined them.

After the feast, Petai informed Ramil and Evva about Prince Ratchata's order to join the royal feast at the Grand Hall. Ramil's interactions with Petai hinted at the complex relationships within the royal family.

Meanwhile, in a different setting, Kanin and Charan were waiting anxiously, unsure of their fate.

"Pack your things." 

"Hmm, what's going on?"

 Kanin asked again, uncertain if he had heard correctly. He observed Charan putting new clothes in a bag before Charan repeated a sentence that sounded familiar. 

"Prepare yourself, we're leaving tonight." 

"Who told you to wait?" 

"It's time."

 Charan decided it was time to leave, announcing their return to Emmaly.

-------------------------
TBC