10.Mean People

Original CEO ft Enice

Kanin was forcibly taken away by Charan, who then released him. Shaking and exhausted, Kanin wanted to go back, but Charan blocked his path. Despite Kanin's pleas, Charan insisted on him staying away from the danger. Kanin, overwhelmed with helplessness, lashed out in frustration. Charan, understanding the pain, refused to let him return, causing Kanin to resist and build a wall of anger. Later, Charan explained that going back would only make things worse and reminded Kanin of Tattanai's wishes. The confrontation escalated emotionally, and Kanin broke down in tears. Charan, despite appearing unaffected, couldn't deny feeling the same way. The bond between Tattanai and Kanin was evident, and Charan recognized Tattanai's sacrifice for his son. Despite the risks, Tattanai's actions were driven by a deep connection between father and son. Charan understood the gravity of the situation and chose to follow Kanin silently as he walked away.

Kanin, not heading home, had a different destination in mind. The numbers on his wristwatch indicated 1:30. He set his sights on a park distant from his residence, his slender figure moving swiftly without checking if anyone trailed him. Echoes of his father's words resonated in his mind:

"Nin, listen to me, don't follow, and stay here by the third pine tree. Do you remember?" 

"Dad, please don't go." 

"Wait for me there until sunrise."

The third pine tree, a spot they frequented on weekends, became a glimmer of hope in the darkness. Kanin believed Tattanai might have gone ahead and waited for him there, prompting him to hasten his steps.

The young man walked on, carrying his hopes, but what he found shattered the hope's light. The park was empty, devoid of any signs of people. Kanin, still clinging to hope, took a deep breath and told himself to wait patiently for an hour. He believed Tattanai, his father, would keep his promise, as he always had. However, as minutes turned into hours, waiting turned into fear.

Three or four minutes passed, and a tear rolled down Kanin's cheek. Despite trying to hold back his emotions, he couldn't escape the reality sinking in. The morning air in London wasn't freezing, but Kanin's heart felt cold and painful. The sky changed colors, and Kanin's chest tightened. Tears fell, and he looked ahead to an empty road.

Tattanai didn't come. The truth Kanin couldn't accept hit him hard. In anguish, he collapsed, realizing his father wouldn't return. The candy, a symbol of comfort from his father, offered little solace. Kanin, sobbing, reluctantly accepted the harsh reality with each passing moment.

Charan, witnessing Kanin's grief, approached and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. The two silently acknowledged the need to move forward. Charan suggested leaving, acknowledging Tattanai's absence.

In a hotel room near Heathrow airport, Kanin sat quietly, tears blending with the golden hues of the sunset. Charan, unsure of Kanin's thoughts, approached the grieving boy. Despite the silence, Charan understood that Kanin's weakened state demanded sensitivity.

Charan reflected on the events in the morning park and the need to prioritize Kanin's safety. Tattanai's instructions guided Charan's decisions. Despite the pain, Charan recognized that the house was no longer safe for them.

In the hotel room, Charan tried to offer food to Kanin, who remained unresponsive. Concerned about his mental state, Charan insisted on him eating. Kanin, resentful, questioned Charan's intentions. Charan, choosing empathy over duty, insisted on caring for Kanin's well-being, invoking Tattanai's wishes.

Despite initial resistance, Kanin succumbed to exhaustion and slept. Charan observed, providing a simple meal. As Kanin ate, Charan mentioned the need to stay hidden for a few more days, following Tattanai's plan. Kanin, fatigued, didn't resist, and Charan explained the ongoing danger.

As Kanin finished eating, Charan revealed that he had picked up Kanin's essential belongings. The backpack, a connection to Tattanai, held everything necessary for Kanin's survival.

"Do you know what's inside?" 

"I know," the young boy answered confidently, familiar with the contents of the backpack. 

"Where are you going, father? Why did you bring the backpack?" 

"This backpack doesn't belong to me; it belongs to you. I am giving it to you for your travels." 

"Passport? Painkillers? Money? Caramel candy? Where am I going?" 

"I haven't given you permission to go yet, but we always have to be prepared."

The conversation about the backpack brought back overwhelming memories for the young boy. He used to question why his father emphasized being prepared, thinking it was merely about efficiency during their travels. Little did he know that these preparations would become crucial in the current situation, and he only began to understand the depth of his father's intentions on this day.

Tattanai might have anticipated the possibility of such events, yet he never explicitly informed Kanin, leaving the young boy with a sense of guilt. Kanin, lost in thought, decided to keep the backpack himself, whispering softly.

Charan acknowledged the unspoken pain and refrained from delving too deeply into Kanin's emotions. The two shared the limited space in the room, and Charan believed that time could heal the wounds in Kanin's heart.

As the night fell, Charan attended to personal matters in the bathroom, keeping an ear out for any sounds outside. Returning to the room, he found Kanin asleep, clutching the backpack for comfort. Charan settled on the bed, trying not to disturb Kanin's slumber, recognizing the need for rest in the face of grief.

However, Kanin's rest was short-lived. In the darkness, he quietly left the room, determined to escape Charan's watch and evade returning to Emmaly. He headed for the train station, choosing busy routes to blend in with the crowd for safety.

Kanin's thoughts focused on his close friend Paul. Unable to return home due to the risk, he took the last tourist train to a destination connected to Paul's accommodation. Bright station lights greeted him as he stepped out of the train, revealing the turmoil on his face.

Moving cautiously towards Paul's flat, Kanin felt the increasing danger. He tried calling Paul, but the call went unanswered. The approaching danger intensified, and as Kanin looked up at Paul's window, a mysterious hand silenced his attempt to scream for help.

Paul's voice echoed from the phone, but Kanin could only listen in horror as the situation took a darker turn, leaving him pleading for help.

-------------------------------

TBC