14.Pieces in a board game

Original CEO ft Enice

Kanin widened his eyes and shouted for help. The rain carried the scent of blood as the injured person refused to give up. Charan suddenly stopped, leaving Kanin restless. Kanin decided to seek help and grabbed a nearby potted plant, hitting the culprit on the head. Both were injured and unable to get up.

Kanin pulled Charan's wrist, leading him away as they felt the warmth between their hands. Charan seemed slower than usual, possibly affected by the rain. Kanin noticed Charan's bleeding arm and asked if he was okay, but Charan downplayed the pain.

Deciding to seek shelter from the rain, Charan led Kanin to a public restroom. The close proximity made Kanin feel strange, but he understood Charan's decision to hide there to avoid further confrontation.

"Your friend's house..." 

"Not far from here," whispered Charan as he hung his backpack on the railing. Kanin watched suspiciously, but his suspicion turned into surprise as Charan began to remove his shirt, revealing his toned muscles. Kanin quickly looked away but couldn't help noticing a scar on Charan's forearm.

Charan cleaned his hands with his shirt, then changed into a new one swiftly. Kanin started to speak but stopped when he heard footsteps outside. Locking eyes with Charan, Kanin felt embarrassed and nervous.

As they waited for the rain to stop, Kanin's heart raced. He realized he had been holding his breath and relaxed when he heard someone speaking Thai outside. Charan waited patiently until the rain ceased, and then they left once more.

Initially, Kanin assumed that Charan's friend's house would be a typical accommodation, but the lively atmosphere and music revealed otherwise. Charan followed a server inside while Kanin hesitated, questioning their lodging arrangements.

Charan explained that their accommodation was at the venue, which was not what Kanin expected. As they walked towards an office, a Thai-speaking server informed them that Charan was expected. Charan reassured Kanin and led him inside.

Inside the office, they met Itthi, who greeted them warmly. Kanin observed Itthi's demeanor, noting his friendly and respectable appearance. Charan introduced Kanin briefly, maintaining formality rather than fostering genuine connection.

Itthi inquired about their journey, and Kanin responded truthfully, acknowledging the challenges they faced. Charan and Itthi exchanged pleasantries, indicating a genuine friendship. Itthi offered them a room, and Charan thanked him warmly.

As the conversation concluded, Kanin looked to Charan for further guidance. Itthi bid them farewell, affirming their friendship.

Itthi instructed them to use the phone in the room if they needed anything else before they retired to rest. Charan requested some bandages for his wound, which Itthi promptly arranged. Kanin observed Charan's stoic demeanor as he tended to his injury, marveling at his resilience.

Concerned about Charan's wound, Kanin suggested going to the hospital, but Charan reassured him it wasn't necessary. Kanin assisted Charan in dressing the wound, appreciating the opportunity to help.

As they tended to Charan's wound, Kanin broached the topic of their attackers, wondering how they were located. Charan dismissed the idea of a tracking device, considering it merely a possibility. He suggested taking the train instead of standing still, emphasizing the need to stay proactive.

Curious about checking the weather, Kanin questioned Charan's reasoning. Charan cryptically replied that they wouldn't run away when it rained, leaving Kanin puzzled.

As Kanin finished dressing Charan's wound, he asked if it hurt. Charan assured him it would heal soon, highlighting their differing tolerance for pain. Kanin reflected on how seeing Charan's wound affected him, realizing his sensitivity to others' pain.

Kanin struggled to understand Charan's unwavering commitment to his duty, feeling deeply unsettled by the risks Charan faced. He questioned why Charan chose to put his life on the line to protect others, unable to comprehend such selflessness.

Charan's response, citing duty as his reason for risking his life, only added to Kanin's confusion and concern. Kanin couldn't fathom why anyone would willingly subject themselves to such danger, especially to protect strangers.

Expressing his doubts, Kanin challenged the idea of duty, questioning whether it was worth risking one's life for. He couldn't reconcile the notion of sacrificing oneself for the sake of others, feeling a sense of bitterness and despair.

In an attempt to shed light on Charan's perspective, Charan shared a personal anecdote about Kanin's grandfather, highlighting the depth of commitment and love behind his duty. Charan's words touched Kanin, evoking a mixture of emotions as he grappled with the idea of sacrifice and protection.

As Kanin's emotions fluctuated, Charan acknowledged the significance of the competition to Kanin's family and therefore to him as well. Despite not personally valuing the competition, Charan recognized its importance to Kanin and thus made it important to himself too.

This revelation left Kanin contemplating the interconnectedness of their lives and the weight of Charan's dedication to his duty. It was a realization that Charan's commitment extended beyond mere obligation, intertwining their fates in unexpected ways.

----------------------------

TBC