13.Rainstorm

Original CEO ft Enice

Around midnight on the international flight from Heathrow Airport to Suvarnabhumi Airport in Thailand, there was still a calm atmosphere as the plane neared its destination.

Traveling from London to Daveen, the capital of Emmerlyn, had two options: one was to fly and change planes in Thailand, and the other was to go to Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam.

Charan allowed Kanin, seated beside him, to sleep peacefully since the moment the plane took off and soared into the sky like a large bird hovering above the clouds. Charan's eyes observed the young man, who was fast asleep in the middle-row first-class seat, a preference over a single chair next to the window.

One reason Charan prefers the middle-row first-class seat is for safety during emergencies, especially to reach Young-Prince quickly. Another reason, more personal, is that he dislikes sitting by the window on planes.

The flight attendants, responsible for safety, observe the sparse first-class passengers. Despite the calm situation, Charan remains anxious, having planned for various scenarios.

Initially worried about clashes at Heathrow Airport, Charan found no issues. However, the quietness unnerves him, as experienced individuals stay alert for potential threats.

To let Kanin rest, Charan decides not to disturb him for over eleven hours. Amidst planning, he notices Kanin's distressed expression, a sign of underlying stress.

Charan noticed the younger person experiencing distress in a bad dream, with their nails digging in. Charan tried to wake them, but another person intervened, grabbing both of them. 

Unable to find help, Charan realized that holding hands with Kanin could ease the pain. Despite initial hesitation, Charan held on, bringing relief to Kanin. 

As they traveled, exhaustion set in, and the plane encountered turbulence. Charan, forgetting to check on Kanin, sat upright, feeling a mix of tension and alertness. 

Despite a small sense of unease, he avoided looking out the window during the stormy ride.

The tension in his grip made the tall man fear losing consciousness, causing him to release the armrests. Charan took a deep breath during the turbulent rainstorm on the plane, uncertain when it would end. He only felt himself again when he shook hands with his distant royal relative upon arriving in Thailand.

The delay at Suvarnabhumi Airport due to bad weather didn't bother Charan; instead, he saw it as extra time to contemplate the future. Kanin, sensing Charan's contemplation, asked about it. Charan deflected, mentioning a dream and changing the subject.

Kanin pressed for details, but Charan avoided sharing, considering it somewhat pointless. Initially a nightmare, the dream had transformed into a warm feeling, especially with Kanin by his side. The young man struggled to explain the complex emotions of the dream.

As they headed to the passenger arrival zone, Kanin persistently asked about their next destination. Charan, deciding to keep the entire story to himself, whispered as they continued, noticing Kanin's need to maintain a faster pace.

We're staying with a friend tonight, and tomorrow we'll continue our journey," Charan whispered to Kanin, creating a sense of privacy between them.

Kanin, curious about the friend's place, asked about its size. He speculated about Charan's social circle, assuming that Charan might not have many close friends based on his observed behavior.

"He's half-Emmaly," Charan explained, trying to provide context to Kanin. With this information, Kanin felt assured about their host for the night, although lingering questions troubled him.

"Why didn't we fly directly to Hanoi? It seems faster than this long layover," Kanin questioned, quickening his pace as they walked through the bustling airport.

Charan noted the advantage of the chaotic airport environment but acknowledged the need for vigilance. Kanin pressed on, asking why they took a longer route.

"Because that way takes less time than not going," Charan replied cryptically.

"Why?" Kanin persisted.

"Because the bad guys might send someone to ambush us there."

The young man pondered Charan's words, lost in thought for a moment. Charan, cautious about their safety during travel, explained the potential risks. He believed that the bad guys might try to ambush them not just in Hanoi, but also at their current location.

Kanin, surprised, stopped, and Charan grabbed his shoulder, urging him to listen carefully. Charan expressed concern that the normalcy of their journey so far seemed suspicious. He speculated that the bad guys might anticipate him rushing back to Emmaly and could send someone to ambush them in Thailand.

Charan advised Kanin to leave the gate for his safety. The serious tone of Charan's warning influenced Kanin's response, and they walked out again. The atmosphere at Suvarnabhumi Airport was tense.

Following Charan's instructions, Kanin felt conflicted, moving slowly through the crowd. He compared his decision-making speed to Charan's, realizing the difference.

At the chaotic airport, Charan joined a group heading to the taxi area, instructing Kanin to stay low and follow. This strategy aimed to avoid attention and provided a quick exit. In the taxi, Charan ensured their safety and engaged in a conversation with the driver in Thai, surprising Kanin with his language comprehension.

As the taxi moved, Charan tapped Kanin's waist, and the warmth made him suspicious. Charan leaned in, whispering almost into Kanin's ear, leaving the young man intrigued about the unfolding situation.

"Don't sit too close to the mirror; it's not safe," Charan warned Kanin, creating a bit of distance for privacy. Kanin complied, trusting Charan's advice despite his initial desire to enjoy the new country he had never visited.

As they rode in the taxi, Kanin reminisced about his father's dream trip to Bangkok, now an unrealized plan. Charan's sudden movement and peculiar posture caught Kanin's attention, prompting him to ask a pressing question. Charan's finger on his lips signaled silence.

Charan's instructions to the taxi driver led them to a safer location. Kanin observed the conversation between Charan and the driver, recognizing some similarities between Thai and English. Charan's quick payment and swift exit aimed to maintain a low profile.

Charan's abrupt realization that they were being followed heightened the tension. Kanin, pushed out of the way, noticed a group of suspicious individuals approaching. Charan led him into an alley, utilizing his keen observation skills to assess the threat.

Holding hands, Charan guided Kanin through the alley, whispering instructions. Charan's efficiency and strong presence reassured Kanin, who began to trust in their safety. As the situation escalated, Charan's strategic thinking became evident.

The pair encountered masked individuals, leading to a confrontational situation. Charan urged Kanin to hide, initiating a struggle with one of the attackers. The fight intensified, with Charan displaying skillful maneuvers and avoiding fatal moves. However, a momentary distraction with raindrops caused Charan to falter.

In the pouring rain and blood-stained ground, Charan seemed to lose control. The situation grew even more intense as Kanin witnessed Charan's struggle. The phrase "You!!" marked a crucial moment, leaving the reader eager to discover the unfolding events.

------------------------------

TBC