6.True Winner

Original: CEO ft Enice

This is a big misunderstanding... Kanin felt he had made a serious mistake by lying to Paul from the start. Now, he felt like a sheepherder because the lie he told had backfired and caused harm.

His close friend with golden hair... had switched sides. Paul, who appreciated sincerity, had bonded with Charan to the extent of inviting him to join their party.

"Do you want to come along? That's great. If you're that interested in my friend, you have to go through me first. You can't just keep following him like this every time. Let's at least get to know each other a bit, okay?"

Paul's friendly attitude was a positive force but had a negative effect on Kanin. The young man pursed his thin lips, attempting to think of a way out, but ended up in complete darkness, inadvertently tying a noose around his own escape route.

Kanin had no choice but to reluctantly play along because if he refused and revealed the secret he had been hiding from Paul, it would leak out. If he resisted or showed too much interest, it would be like fueling someone else's anger. He couldn't let anyone know about this matter, no matter what.

"Once more, what's your name?" The person who seemed to bring color and excitement turned to ask their new friend as they all reached Samantha's place.

"Charan," he said firmly. However, his sharp eyes didn't just stay on his conversation partner. The other person looked straight at the smaller man. In that calm exterior, a thin layer concealed the excitement deep within. Kanin noticed the hidden amusement.

It seemed like the other person was content seeing him uneasy.

So irritating... really annoying.

"Alright, Charan, we're heading to a party. As usual, we'll be drinking until morning. If you're into Nin and want to get to know him, you can come along. Just think carefully; don't be deceived by his cute appearance. He's actually quite ruthless."

"..."

"You've seen him with a sword, right? It's not too late to change your mind now," Paul said, jokingly. Kanin frowned upon hearing his close friend's description. It sounded like it would only serve as a deterrent, but only on the surface.

"Not that scary. I think I can handle it," Charan replied, evoking different reactions from the listeners. Paul seemed quite satisfied, while Kanin felt like he was being irked.

Well, if he wanted to bother him that much...

Let's give it a shot.

"Let's head inside, so the party can finally start."

Kanin decided to jump in and join the fun.

Since Charan seemed to favor a tit-for-tat style, Kanin decided to play along for a while, intrigued to see what else someone like Charan could do beyond following and teasing. If he wasn't interested in someone so unpredictable, how different would he be from the air?

"It's going to be fun for sure," Paul said cheerfully. Kanin made eye contact with the person who had been given the title 'almost fanatically in love with each other' before leading the way.

"Yes, it'll be fun for sure." 

Only Kanin and Charan knew they were in a silent battle. Whoever gave in first would lose, leaving the winner standing, and Kanin was sure it would be him.

It had to be him...

He would subtly encourage him to return to his country without him even noticing. Just wait and see. 

"Hey, are you going to keep staring at it forever? If you're not playing, step back, man."

Someone's voice grew louder upon seeing Paul crouching and peering at a game in a ruined building. Now on the rooftop of Samantha's house, they sat in a circle, playing a simple game that added color and excitement to the atmosphere