9.Dream Pictures

Original CEO ft Enice

"Shall we have a duel together?" The words hung in the air, silencing all other sounds. Charan, the tall and dignified figure, narrowed his eyes, facing the challenge from Kanin, the young prince from the Atsawathewathin family who had been caught off guard.

Kanin's proposal came with a condition: if Charan won, he could have anything he desired from Kanin. There was no hint of mercy in Kanin's demeanor, and the stakes of the duel were palpable.

Charan, intrigued by Kanin's words, squinted his eyes and carefully assessed the situation. He pondered whether Kanin was aware of the real tradition in Emmaly, where the winner of a duel could demand anything, and the loser must comply without exception. Charan's compliance was inevitable due to Kanin's royal bloodline.

Yet, there was a catch. If Kanin lost, they couldn't negotiate or compromise because, as a royal, he stood above the laws governing such battles. Charan contemplated whether Kanin was aware of these old laws or if they were entering the duel on equal terms.

In a cunning tone, Charan inquired about the rules, hoping to gauge Kanin's understanding of the tradition. Kanin's response indicated a partial lack of awareness of Emmaly's important rules, earning Charan's admiration for the young noble's nobility.

Charan further probed about the method to be used in the duel, and Kanin, with calculated precision, chose the international method, knowing that Charan was more adept at it than the traditional practices of Emmaly.

As Kanin playfully baited Charan, challenging anyone brave enough to face the duel, Charan's compliance was inevitable. He agreed to the terms without hesitation, and when asked about rules for cheating, he straightforwardly answered in the negative.

Kanin, still trying to find a way out in his mind, was slightly less surprised by Charan's responses. He had anticipated a more playful reaction, but Charan's adherence to proper conduct left Kanin considering the backup plan he had prepared in case things didn't go as expected. The stage was set for a duel that could determine their fates.

If he won, and he was sure he would win, Kanin planned to ask Charan to let go of the matter at hand. It wouldn't be a direct request to return to Emmaly; rather, it aimed to easily cut someone out of his life. The condition was set: the loser must not break the promise. With their pinky fingers intertwined, a promise was sealed between them.

As they prepared to start the competition, Charan hesitated briefly before agreeing to the terms of the promise. The slender person's sweet voice and the smile that followed made the agreement official. However, Kanin interrupted the moment with a request to compete in a place without people, waiting for all their friends to leave.

Charan questioned the reason behind the request, and Kanin's short, unexplained answer left some confusion. Eventually, he conceded to Kanin's wish, realizing the younger person's fear of losing in front of others. They decided to wait until it was dark, taking advantage of the evening sky as their competition ground.

As the club emptied out, leaving only the two competitors behind, Kanin asked if Charan had anything to say. The doctor calmly replied, "No contest," exuding a composed demeanor that earned him a reluctant admiration from Kanin.

Before their sword duel commenced, they exchanged a few words, revealing their intentions beyond the competition. Paul, acting as a mediator and facilitator, fully cooperated, leaving them alone to settle their victory and defeat.

Their sword duel began without a referee, initiated as soon as they heard the alarm clock. For almost half a minute, Kanin and Charan stood still, swords drawn, sizing each other up. The tension escalated until Kanin, unable to wait any longer, decided to make the first move.