5.Inescapable

Original: CEO ft Enice

Kanin quickly walked on the university path, trying to maintain composure despite feeling unsettled. The young man raised his clenched hand to grip the brim of his cap, attempting to hide the chaos underneath. He had not slept all night due to the shocking revelation he had just learned.

Dad... probably didn't get much sleep and got mixed up. As for the doctor, his condition has been serious since their first meeting until now. Annoyed, he adopted a cost-saving stance to make the doctor uncomfortable. He didn't like the guy's face and didn't want to see him. He wished he could send this person far away, but he still couldn't figure out how.

Honestly, it's confusing. Just the night before, he was living a normal life. However, after spending the night in jail, Kanin was not only angry with his father but also struggling with hard-to-accept feelings.

He was behaving like a rebellious and stubborn child, going against himself. Kanin couldn't focus and didn't care much about anything. Who could do anything about the situation?

Even if you hired someone, there's no way to return to that country!

He decided to stay here and live life as the ordinary Khanin, not the Khanin Atsawathewathin someone tried to force him to be. When he thought about it, there wasn't much difference from his daily routine.

The young man made his way to the music practice room at the university. He walked straight to the large black grand piano, intending to calm himself down as he usually did when he came here to escape from problems. Life was tough.

His slender fingers pressed down on the keyboard, following the remembered pitch levels of the notes. In his mind, he immersed himself in the weight of emotions, letting music help soothe the confusion in his heart, just as he often did when there was something to ponder.

Kanin found the world overwhelming when he thought about the stress during this time. However, he realized that nothing was as heavy as what he was currently facing. The future was difficult to predict, and the winding path ahead made him feel suffocated to the point where he wanted to escape for a while.

Tung!

A wandering mind affected the precision of the notes, causing a pause in the middle of the song. When Khanin lacked concentration, he leaned back, closing his eyes slightly to suppress the boiling anger.

The edges of his soft, pink lips relaxed as he let go of the instrument. When the usual tools couldn't help, Kanin looked for something new. His slender fingers rummaged through his side bag, searching for a moment before pulling out what he needed,

Caramel candy.

One of Kanin's go-to comforts was a helper he often carried with him, caramel candy, to ease his mind when he felt uncomfortable or upset. The person who introduced him to this candy addiction was none other than his father, Tattanai.

Kanin reminisced about his childhood, where he once fell and badly injured his knee, causing him great pain and a strong urge to cry out loud. However, what he showed was the opposite. He didn't cry but instead tried his best to hold his tears.

Because he wanted to follow his father's teachings, Khanin tried to suppress his pain as he led himself towards the house. 

"Does it hurt?" A sentence expressing concern, initiated when Tattanai gently applied ointment to the wound.

"It hurts... a lot."

"Why don't you cry out when it hurts?" Tattanai's dark eyes continued to focus on his injury while softly questioning.

"I am afraid that you won't approve. Father, you taught me to be strong and not weak," Khanin's childhood response was honest, hitting the listeners' hearts until they felt choked up.