99. Public date pt. 1

______________________

| February 20th, Saturday, 2021 |

  It had been exactly one week since Annie and Lee Know’s relationship had been revealed to the public. The responses were rather interesting.

  Annie got at least 40 texts from friends, 25 of them from Yeonjun.

  He was in absolute shock. When did his friend get over Changbin? Furthermore, when did she find time to not only fall in love with someone else but to date him? And “him” being the guy she hated?

  All those questions were answered in a one-hour voice call.

  Aside from that, the girl, her group, her boyfriend, and everyone else was extremely confused as to why and how the general public’s response was so positive.

  One of the marketing directors had come to the conclusion that, since Flashlight collaborated with Stray Kids ever since they debuted, most of their fans didn’t care about the girls being close to male idols. As for the male group, well, they had a huge fanbase, so the positive comments “hid” the negative ones.

  Since it had come to that, the management had decided they could keep dating and have occasional “public dates” – read as “we’ll use you two as another way to make money so be prepared”.

  Today was their first date.

“I have no idea what to wear!!”

Annie yelled as she threw a pink padded jacket on her bed.

“Where are you going?”

Remi asked as she entered the room, sipping on a box of strawberry milk.

“We’re visiting a perfume studio, then we’re going to Sky Rose Golden, and then we’re having dinner at…where was it again? I don’t know, we’re eating European food, I think.”

She recalled the date schedule her manager had sent earlier in the morning.

“Oh, wow. That seems expensive.”

“The company is paying.”

Annie shrugged.

Although they have lots of money, even the couple thought this date was a bit too much when they received the schedule. Their usual dates are at home, watching movies, playing games and ordering delivery, or making their own food – and they loved it.

“Well, if you’re going to all these fancy places, you should dress likewise. You have lots of chic and expensive clothes, what’s the problem?”

“I don’t know, I’m not used to dressing up for dates with Minho. I usually dress in casual or even practise clothes…I don’t want to go overboard.”

Remi nodded understandingly.

“How about dressing as if you’re meeting your brother? You dress really nicely and you two go to fancy places often.”

Annie hummed, seeming very receptive to the idea.

“Okay! This coat…this blouse…this or this?”

She pointed at two berets.

“All black? Didn’t Yujin tell you to wear bright clothes?”

“I’m already bright enough. Which one?”

Remi sighed before tapping the one from Dolce & Gabbana.