93. Worries

_______________

| February 1st, Sunday, 2021 |

"Woah! It's so relieving to eat with everyone again."

The youngest of the group let out a deep breath.

"I was genuinely worried about our group's sake, not gonna lie."

The other one commented, making the elders feel extremely guilty.

"Sorry, girls, it won't happen again. Let's focus on the comeback now, okay? I know you're probably pressured because our last one was a success, but let's just do our best and not get hurt, alright?"

Jaein spoke with a smile and Annie couldn't help but to smile with her.

Now that is a leader.

"Yeah! Now let's dig in before it gets cold."

Annie started opening all the pots' lids and, soon enough, the girls were eating everything.

"So, how is your choreography going? 'Break up with your girlfriend' I think it was?"

Boram questioned the two main dancers, who finished munching before answering.

"Pretty cool, if you ask me. We nailed it."

Remi spoke proudly.

"Um. We'll shoot tomorrow, so I'm staying a little longer to practise."

"A little longer? Rim, our group practice ends at 9 p.m."

The youngest reminded her, worried about the night time.

"Ay, I've reached home past midnight before."

"Not alone."

Jaein said sternly.

"I'll call someone, then!"

The other three exchanged glances.

They had agreed Annie shouldn't walk outside alone with Minho, especially when they're preparing for a comeback.

"I won't call him! I'll ask a staff member to go with me if it's necessary...I'll even send you my location."

"Fine, but if you're not home by 1 a.m, I'm calling the police, I'm serious."

All of them turned to the leader thinking it was a joke, but her facials said otherwise.

"Yes, ma'am."

● ● ● ● ●

Although the plan was just to review the choreography to avoid mistakes the next day, Annie got too immersed in dancing. The digital clock on the wall marked 11:27 p.m. when she grabbed a towel to head to the shower room.

Around 30 minutes later, Annie said goodbye to the security guards and exited the company.

Considering the path to the dormitory took approximately ten minutes when walking, she decided to just rush home instead of waiting for someone available to accompany her there.

Besides, there were quite a few people walking on the streets, a lot of teenagers too – probably leaving their academies now –, so it was rather safe.

I should stop watching criminal dramas, I keep thinking something is going to happen.

Or maybe it's good? Because then I'm always aware?