96. Exposure

___________________________

| February 12th, Friday, 2021 |

“You wouldn’t guess what happened yesterday.”

Annie said laughing as she sat down with her brother at a Cafe.

Cast the first stone whoever has never used making jokes out of a traumatic experience as a coping mechanism.

"Hm, tell me."

Hyoseop smiled warmly.

"The creepy stalker from my trainee days came back. I probably wouldn't be here if Minho hadn't shown up."

His smile instantly dropped.

"What?"

"Yeah…somehow he found out the dorm's location and waited for me at night. He also read the article about Yeonjun being just a fake boyfriend."

"Oh my God, Haerim…this is bad. How are you?"

Hyoseop pushed his drink to the side so he'd be able to grab her hand.

"I'm good now, I guess. I think he's going to jail so that makes me a little bit more relieved."

"Did you tell mum and dad? Your company, do they know? Why wasn't your manager with you?"

He let go, now taking a sip of the iced chai latte to cool down his frustration.

"I didn't tell anyone yet, you're the first one to know. I'm telling the girls tonight when I get home and Yujin whenever she has time. Dongchul got fired so we only have her now, but there's a lot for her to do so she can't accompany us everywhere."

Annie replied, still bummed.

"Huh?? You're going home alone? At night? Why didn't you tell me? I would've picked you up."

"You're just as busy as I am, if not more, Hyoseop."

"I rarely have shootings at night these days, call me and I'll pick you up."

She sighed, knowing it was useless to fight.

"Give me your schedule first. I'll match my individual practices accordingly."

"Yes, ma'am."

He nodded and they went back to eating in silence for a minute before Hyoseop abruptly put his fork down.

"You said Minho showed up? In the middle of the night?"

Upon noticing the tone in her brother's voice, Annie immediately waved her hands in denial.

"No, no! It's not what you think! He was taking care of me because Remi had told him I was going home late, I just didn't know."

He raised an eyebrow.

"Hyoseop!"

She whisper-yelled.

"I didn't say anything!"

Hyoseop took another sip of his drink before continuing.

"...but it's time I have a man-to-man talk with him."

"What do you me– Oh my God!?"

Annie let out a loud gasp, turning a few heads inside the Cafe.

"We're gonna get caught some day because of you."

He joked with a subtle grin.

"It's fine now. I already got recognized."

She shuggred.

A few years ago, when Hyoseop debuted as an actor, the siblings agreed they would keep their relationship a secret. Annie didn't want to be treated differently just because her brother was a celebrity, and she also didn't want people to say the attention she was getting was all thanks to him.

It was different now, though. Flashlight had already gotten a big award and so had Annie.

"I'm still more famous than you, though."

Hyoseop laughed.

"Just wait. My name will be on every news' site soon." 

Annie straightened her posture, looking proud.

"We'll see."

He smiled.

Despite the teasing. Hyoseop was Annie's number 1 fan and couldn't wait for her to conquer the world with her charms.

"Anyway, how are you and Minho doing? Anything I should know?"

The girl looked up to think.

"Hm…no? He treats me really well. He's a menace sometimes, but I am too, so…"

"Oh, so you're aware."

She gave him a glare.

"Should we leave? I'll go pay."

Hyoseop shamelessly got up and went to the cashier.

"At least he's paying."

She told herself before going to the entrance to wait for him. 

"Let's go, I'll take you home."

He walked past her and the two entered his car.

On the way they talked about each of their newest projects. Annie spoke about some of the songs that would be featured in the new album, while her brother talked about the new historical drama he'd star in.

"Don't sleep too late, goodnight."

"Hm. Text me when you get home."

Annie waved one last time before entering the apartment.

"Hey! I'm just gonna change and then we can talk."

Remi, who was laying on the sofa, nodded.

As soon as she threw her phone on the bed, Annie heard a beep from the notification.

|Unknown

break up with him before I expose you

_______________________