95. He's back

___________________

| February 11th, Thursday, 2021 |

There's always two sides when you're preparing for a comeback: the excitement of finally going back to the stage and seeing your fans again; and the exhaustion of practising for hours.

The members of Flashlight, though, tended to focus on the good part. "If we're sweating, then it means we're doing good", Remi always said. Although the science behind it was slightly questionable.

"Do you guys think we'll be able to get a music show win this time?"

Jaein asked once they sat down to rest.

"Of course! We gained a lot of fans since the last comeback. We only didn't win anything on music shows because of who we were up against."

Remi replied, being reminded of the trot singer that got all the wins on the programs they performed on.

"That worries me a bit, honestly. We got so much attention, so many people are looking forward to our next steps...what if we disappoint them? What if they say it was just luck?"

The youngest commented with a quiet voice.

It was almost impossible not to think about that. Of course they were happy to be recognized, but more attention meant more expectations, more hate also.

Despite being a rather "chill" person, Annie couldn't help but to be worried too. She was the youngest artist to ever win the Producer of The Year award, everyone was looking forward to what type of song she would produce next, there were even people questioning whether she really was the composer SPIKE or if it was just a facade.

Aside from that, she had been the target of a dating scandal and had her stalking experience revealed to the whole world. If they found out about a fake boyfriend during her trainee days, how difficult would it be for her actual relationship to be discovered?

Chan said it was obvious. The lady from the shelter knew about it even before Annie herself. Was Yujin truly unaware? Or was she just pretending to for the sake of the idol? How would the fans react if the news came out? Would she enter a hiatus? Would their comeback be postponed?

"Annie!"

"Huh?"

The girl looked up at her friend.

"The five minutes are over."

"Oh."

She brushed off her pants – alongside her thoughts – and went back to the formation.

"Let's start!"

● ● ● ● ●

"I'm done!"

Annie stretched her arms, letting out a big yawn while reaching for her phone.

1 a.m?! Where did time go?

I'd better hurry.

After telling her teammates and boyfriend that she was heading home, Annie organised everything and left the studio.

Once again, there was no one to accompany her. Well, at least now all the girls had access to each other's location thanks to an app they downloaded.

Is it that hard to find a manager?