90. Professionalism

________________

| January 23rd, Saturday, 2021 |

 Annie had heard about group mates that hate each other before. She had even heard actual fights inside Music stations or at the companies she visited. Even so, she never imagined to be the one in such a position.

In all trueness, Annie wasn't really there yet. She didn't hate Jaein.

 Yes, revealing their relationship to Yujin without noticing her was messed up, but Annie could understand it. As a leader, it is her duty to report about the members to their manager, especially something as serious as dating news.

With that said, what bothered Annie the most wasn't Jaein revealing a secret, but the girl actively trying to get with her boyfriend.

While the producers organised the cameras for their next activity, the two oldest members from Flashlight decided to walk to a more private place and talk.

"I heard you told Yujin about me and Minho? Couldn't you have noticed me first?"

"Did I really have to? Wasn't it a given that I'd do that as a good leader?"

Good leader...

"Alright. I assume as a good leader you'll also stop shaming me for dating Minho then?"

"I never shamed you for dating him! I'm sorry if it sounded like that."

Annie got slightly surprised upon hearing the words "I'm sorry" from her friend.

But it didn't last long.

"...although it is a shame that he's dating someone like you."

She frowned.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Oh, come on, Haerim. We all know you're not very 'girlfriend' material. But it's okay! Not everyone is."

Once again Annie's face twisted in confusion.

"Look, I've always thought it was stupid to fight with friends because of a boy, but this isn't it. I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but you should stop."

"Why? Are you afraid he'll fall for me instead?"

Annie let out a dry laugh.

"He wouldn't even know your name if it weren't for me, I'm just worried about you."

Jaein scoffed while crossing her arms.

"Since you're so confident, I can flirt with him."

"You could try."

Annie looked at her one more time before turning away.

"...but at least be professional. You're the leader of our team, act like it."

● ● ● ● ●

"It's kinda cute how Jaemin is trying really hard to befriend Lino just because he's your boyfriend."

Changbin whispered with a smile.

Without thinking twice, the girl followed his gaze, only to find Jaein 'helping' Lee Know to set the table as they were being recorded.