78. Will you go out with me?

_____________________

| August 4th, Friday, 2017 |

"Your birthday is next week, right, Haerim?"

The brunette boy asked as they took a break from dancing.

"Oh, yeah...you remember that?"

Annie smiled awkwardly.

They weren't close. As a matter of fact, she had always tried to stay away from him, he was slightly creepy. Shin Jongwon is his name. He's 20, which makes him two years older considering Annie was about to turn 18.

Although Annie is known for not trusting just anyone, this guy was on another level. He would always insist on doing partner choreographies with her, he'd always compliment her whenever she wore tight tops – what made her only wear baggy clothes for practice –, he would often offer to pay her dinner and, most importantly, take her home, insisting it was dangerous for a girl to walk alone and his house was close to hers.

Funny thing, she never told him where she lived.

"Of course I do! You're turning 18, it's an important date."

He grinned, a grin that sent shivers all over her body.

Annie only forced a smile before getting up to search for her closest friend in the academy.

"What happened?"

Yeonjun put his water bottle away so all his attention was on the girl.

"Nothing, Jongwon was talking to me but he creeps me out."

He looked back at where she was, just to find the guy staring at them.

"Come here."

He pulled her hand and left the room so they'd have more privacy.

"Have you thought about what I suggested?"

"That's too risky, Jun."

She sighed.

"It's just for a month! We won't get caught."

Yeonjun was plenty aware of her worries. To be fair, he was worried about being caught dating as a trainee too, especially since both of them were from big companies. But what else could he do? Call the police? The most they could do is get a restraining order and, honestly, he doubted that would change anything.

"It's not only about getting caught, Yeonjun. What if he does something to you? He's older than us."

"I don't care, Haerim. You know he's been counting the days for your birthday. He's always given you birthday gifts, but now it's different! He wants you to be an adult so he can do who knows what to you."

Annie looked down.

She figured that was the case, but actually hearing it out loud was scarier.

"I won't force you to accept my idea, but if you don't, we gotta do something else. Even if we have to set him up to be expelled, I'm getting that guy away from you."

She took a deep breath before looking him in the eye.

"Let's do it."

He took a step back.