40. Changes

_________________________________

| December 1st, Tuesday, 2020|

It was yet another peaceful night for Annie. She was inside the artists' resting room, sitting on one of the bean bag chairs, extremely comfortable - as if it was her own house. The girl had a smile on her face while reading the comments from the ST-Light that had been uploaded the day before.

There wasn't a single negative comment, they were all positive feedback and compliments. Well, maybe there were a few stupid ones, but nothing too remarkable. Most of the comments were talking about how Han and Annie's voices blend so well, that both of them are very skilled and, of course, speculating whether they were a couple or not.

She chuckled at one particular comment about Chan being a third wheel in the studio.

But again, even Annie herself got surprised by her friend's lyricism, she almost asked him if he had someone in mind while writing, but refrained from doing so as such a question could be a little too invasive.

"Our fans can be so funny..."

Her finger hit the thumbs up under the comment.

"I guess it's true."

"Holy fu- What the hell?"

Annie placed her hand on her chest, feeling the heartbeat fasten.

"How long have you been staying there!? Why are you even here?"

She frustratedly yelled at the male, who seemed unfazed - classic Lee Know.

"Why? Am I not allowed to be here? Is this place yours only?"

"What? No- that's not- Whatever, I was leaving anyway."

The girl got up, knowing her night would be ruined if she stayed there a minute longer.

Which was odd.

No matter how many times they agreed on treating each other like friends, it seemed like fighting was more natural.

"I'm sorry."

He said, making her stop walking immediately and turn to him.

"...sorry for Hannie for dating you."

Lee Know looked her up and down.

Just like he did the other day.

Except now, he didn't look shy or flirty.

It was more of a pitiful or even disgusted look.

What?

Annie kept her eyes on him for around ten seconds, trying to figure the reason behind the uncalled-for statement.

Besides, why was he talking about her dating Han?

"Excuse me?"

Woah, what was on my mind for being flustered by this dude?

"First of all, I told you already I'm not dating him. Second, even if I was, how does that concern you?"

Lee Know's smile slowly faded, turning into a frown when he coughed dryly.

"It doesn't. I don't care about who you date or go out with, why should I?"

The girl furrowed her eyebrows, visibly confused by his sudden attitude. What happened to the nice guy who lent her his hoodie so she wouldn't be cold?

Was he perhaps...

No, no way. He wouldn't treat her like that if he had feelings for her, right?

"Do you like me?"

Annie boldly asked, it wouldn't hurt to try - or maybe it would.

The male widened his eyes, looking anywhere but her.

"Why would I like you!? I just came here to give you this USB, goddamn!"

Lee Know threw the device on the chair and stomped outside.

"Oh. I guess this is a no."

___________________________