80. Scandal - pt. 2

______________

| January 14th, Thursday, 2021 |

Annie had absolutely no idea how her day would go when she first opened her eyes in the morning, upon hearing her phone ring.

"Hello?"

She spoke with a husky voice.

"You just woke up? Great. Get ready and wait for me inside the dorm. Do not go to the company alone. Understand?"

Yujin said slowly yet firmly.

Annie would've felt intimidated if she wasn't half asleep.

"Alright."

"And try to stay away from social media for now. See you soon."

The manager hung up without waiting for an answer.

I wonder what happened.

She got up and started doing her morning skincare as usual, leaving her phone aside as she used her tablet to play music.

How come she wasn't desperate, opening social media to figure out what happened? It's simple. Annie had always been on track. She got decent grades, always got along with her classmates and other trainees, she was never rude towards the staff...basically, Annie had no reasons to get cancelled.

...Aside from dating a member of a famous boy group, but she was sure no one would know about that.

Maybe they found out about me and Hyoseop? We've been going out a lot lately.

Taking into consideration her manager's words from earlier, Annie threw on an oversized hoodie and wide pants and waited in the living room.

"When is she arriving? Life without internet is boring."

A few clicking sounds were heard from afar.

"Speaking of the devil... good morning, Yujin!"

She got up with a smile while waving her hand.

"Good to who?"

Dang.

"Didn't you check the article?"

"You told me to stay away from social media!"

Annie whined.

"I told you to try to stay away from social media, not to log out of the world."

"Sorry. I figured it wouldn't be a big deal."

Yujin sighed before getting her phone and handing it to the girl.

"Please tell me this isn't true."

"Huh?! It isn't! What the hell?"

Annie furrowed her brows.

"You have to be honest with me, Haerim. They have pictures and people confirming it."

As soon as she said that, Annie started actually reading the article.

It felt like a knot was being formed on her stomach.

There is no way...

How?

Why?

It's been almost four years...