33. Thunderstorm

__________________________

| November 22nd, Sunday, 2020 |

  The end of the year was chaotic for everyone, and that included the shelter workers. So, Annie thought it'd be great to go help them, since her practices were going better than expected.

  Turns out she wasn't the only one with that idea.

"I'm so happy to see you two again!"

  Mrs. Park smiled at the two now awkward idols.

"It's always nice to come here! What can we help you with?"

  Lee Know took the initiative to speak.

"May I talk with Haerim first?"

"Of course!"

  The two walked a little further away so he wouldn't hear the conversation.

"I noticed you've been coming more often ever since you met Minho...he's a really nice boy, you have a great eye!"

  The old lady laughed lightly, while Annie widened her eyes.

  "What? N-no! That's just a coincidence! I'd never do something because of him! Actually we-"

"It's okay, sweetie, I was young once too! That's why I'm planning on giving you a little push."

  She whispered the last sentence before walking to the middle again, leaving the girl astonished.

  Everyone noticed these two hated each other, what was this lady on?

"Minho! Honey! Apparently I forgot to tell Haerim to bring a few items from the market! I'm really old now, huh? You two already know where the market is, right? I can't lend you my son's car tonight, but I'll give you the taxi money!"

"You were talking about me?"

  A man who seemed to be on his thirties approached the trio.

"Son! Remember the two that used your car last time? They're them! I was just asking them to go the market for me, but I told them they can't borrow your car now."

"The market? Now? Mom, that's dangerous! Didn't you see the news? They said we should stay home because a thunderstorm is coming around nine!"

  Annie mentally thanked the dude.

  Spending an hour in awkward silence with Lee Know wasn't really at the top of her to-do list.

"Ay, they always say that! And it's still...20:17! It only takes twenty minutes to arrive there, they'll be fine."

"But mom..."

"Doesn't it take one hour to reach your house? You should go home then! Go, go!"

  Mrs. Park nearly shoved her son inside his car. He hesitantly started the engine and drove away - if he couldn't keep the kids safe, at least he should find his own shelter.