92. Making up

_______________

| January 28th, Thursday, 2021 |

"So this is the bside we're promoting? Woah! I can't wait to play instruments on stage!"

Boram cheered as the whole group listened to the song playing on Annie's speakers.

"Is it decided already?"

"No, I wanted to show you guys first. So, don't get your hopes too high, they may not allow it."

She clarified to the youngest.

The song is called "Play", and it's about adulthood. More specifically, embracing your inner child to find the beauty in the mundane things.

She wrote it after the days spent with her family – they reminded her of childhood.

"They have no reason to say no, the song is great and I bet the fans will love to see us play instruments. You did well."

Jaein commented, making the others a little surprised.

The leader had been oddly nice to Annie since the morning.

Not like anyone was complaining, but it was very strange to see.

"Alright! Remi, Boram, why don't you guys eat at the restaurant across the street? I need to talk with Annie."

The youngest two exchanged glances.

"Okay! See you in an hour."

After they left, Jaein closed the door. Annie only waited.

"About your boyfriend..."

Her ears perked up.

Did they talk already?

"I should've known my place, I'm sorry. The things I said about you...that was jealousy speaking, they're not true."

For a moment, Annie considered it was April 1st, but then she remembered they would be celebrating their anniversary if that were the case.

"Actually...I think I've always been jealous of you. You're an excellent dancer, you can sing and rap well, you speak so many languages, the songs you produce are all great, you even do charity. I guess I wanted to take at least one thing from you, and it ended up being your boyfriend. I'm sorry."

"Uh..."

Annie looked around, wondering if Minho was standing somewhere with a weapon.

It didn't seem like the case.

"...I guess you talked with Minho yesterday...Uhm, I'm glad you realised what you were doing was wrong. I believe I don't have to worry about you going after him anymore, then?"

"No, no! I'll keep my distance. I don't even like him anymore. And even if I did, I wouldn't do anything."

Annie nodded.

"Cool. Are we good then?"

"I'd be extremely grateful if you consider we are."

She let out a smile.

"Thank God, it was such a stupid fight."

"Sorry..."