46. A new position

________________________

| December 17th, Thursday, 2020 |

  They slowly split up, foreheads still touching each other. None of them looked up, they didn't know how to face one another.

  Luckily or not, Annie's phone rang, it was her manager.

"Hi, Yujin!"

"Come to practice room 3B now."

  The call lasted less than a minute and Yujin didn't sound like she was in a good mood.

  Finally, the girl looked at Minho, who had distanced himself after hearing the ring tone.

"I'm-"

"Don't you dare apologise."

  Annie interrupted.

  If there was something she hated was when someone apologised after a consensual kiss. They were both very clearly into it, so why? He regretted it? Why do it in the first place then?

"See you later."

  The girl took her phone and walked away, not looking back - trying her best to look like those cool female leads in kdramas.

  Two minutes later, she was in front of the practice room, fixing her hair and outfit. Looking a little bit behind, she found Remi doing the same.

"You're late too?"

  The younger asked, surprised as Annie was usually on time.

"Yeah…I forgot about it."

"I'm glad I won't be scolded alone, then."

  They laughed, getting serious again before entering the room.

"Sorry, we're late."

"Where were you?"

  Yujin asked with crossed arms. Although she was their friendly manager, she didn't slack off with them.

"I was practising with Hyunjin and lost track of time, I'm sorry."

  After Remi explained, they all directed their eyes to Annie.

  Uh…

  I can't possibly say I was in a practice room with Lee Know, no one would buy that.

"In the studio!"

"Eh? I passed by your studio before coming here and you weren't there."

  The maknae spoke.

"Chan's studio! I finished a song and wanted to show it to him. Sorry for not telling you."

  Annie bowed to the three at the front, wanting the subject to be over already.

"Alright, don't let it happen again, girls. Now, here are your outfits for the Gayo Daejeon performance, you should try them on to see if there are any final adjusts to make."

  One by one, the girls got the outfit that had their name tag on it.

"Haerim, can you come here for a minute?"

  The manager called, making the girl walk towards her with uneasy steps.

"I'm not going to scold you, silly, don't worry. It's something good."

  She chuckled seeing how anxious the idol looked.

"You got an offer to be an MC at an International Music Festival that takes place in Jeju, second week of January."

"Me? An MC?"

  It's not like Annie didn't enjoy the idea - she actually loved it -, the girl just wasn't used to being chosen for these kinds of things. Usually, Jaein would be the first option and Boram second. Remi was the one who was often invited for variety shows and Annie…well, she didn't mind having only the group contents and solo vlives. Besides, she had a lot of opportunities on stage.

"Cool, right? It'll be mainly in English and there will be people from all over the world, I guess that's why they chose you…I mean, you are the most famous internationally from Flashlight."

  Annie laughed, embarrassed. 

"Stop it, Yujin. Will I be alone there?"

"You girls are supposed to get the first two weeks of January off, so unless they want to appear as an audience, yes. Oh, I heard they haven't decided on the other MC yet, maybe I could pull some strings to be someone you know."

"Really? Thank you, Yujin! You're the best!"

  She hugged the manager, who caressed her hair with a smile.

"Now go try your outfits on, hm?"

____________________