"Nandini please don't get back to that topic again. Just go back to that... who's that guy...." I tried to think when Sweety spoke.

"Ohh c'mon! Don't act as if you forgot his name. Mihir is the only thing you are chanting from the time you came here" Sweety laughed giving a hifi to Ayan. Nandini raised her eyebrows with a smirk while I glared at Sweety making her quiet.

"Don't glare at a small girl like that Manik! What's her fault in this?" Nandini chuckled. "What's your problem?" I pulled her close by her arm making her gasp.

"Why are you here? You just yelled at me for your best friend right? Now why are you here?" I gritted my teeth making her shake her head.

"You're wrong Manik" she sighed. "Just stop it! Don't try to defend your act" I left her and started going away when she caught my hand.

"Arre! Who told you that I am defending myself? I am just telling you that you're wrong to think that Mihir is my best friend" she said making me frown.

"You are the only best friend I will ever have" she smiled making me relive a bit. Atlast she agreed that she is more close to me!

"Mihir is more than a friend..." she looked down with a shy smile making me look at her instantly.

"What do you mean?" I raised my eyebrows. "So here's the news..." she looked at me excited. "Your bestfriend is getting married" she jumped making me shocked.

"Wh..what? Who?" I asked not able to belive what I heard. "Arre me dumbo" she laughed smacking my arm.

What? Nandini is getting married?

"What the hell are you talking about?" I tried to calm down my anger while she sighed. "I am getting married to Mihir. He just confessed his feelings and I said...yes" she smiled.

"You're kidding right?" I fisted my hands. "Mein meri shaadi ke baare mei mazak kyu karungi?" she folded her arms.

"You just can't marry someone like that" I yelled making her frown. "Why? Aren't you happy that your friend is getting married?" she narrowed her eyes.

"Just shut up! I am...I am....going to loose it now" I glared at her.

"But..."

"Not a word! So easily you've decided to marry someone else" I shook my head unbelievably. "Then you marry me na" she caught my collars and yelled back.

"You marry me!" she yelled as tears started flowing from her eyes. "If you don't want to marry let's leave it! Let's not marry. Atleast stay with me! Forever! I can stay with you even without marriage! I just want us!" she cried making my heart break.

"Nan..."

"No! You won't even do that. You just...you just don't know what you want" she left my collars and wiped her tears. She started leaving when I caught her hand and pulled her for a hug.

"Leave me Manik" she cried trying to free herself. "No" I whispered hugging her tight. She stopped trying after few attempts and hugged me back tightly. She cried more and I let her.

"You're very bad! Atleast talk to me! Atleast tell me what's the problem" she sniffed while I rubbed her back. "Please" she pulled apart looking into my eyes.

"I don't deserve you Nandini" I spoke softly cupping her cheeks with both my hands. "What?" she frowned wiping her tears. "I am not right for you. I just can't protect you. You are not safe with me" I sighed leaving her and looking away.

"What...what are you talking about?" she came and stood infront of me. "Vijay was right Nandini! You got kidnapped and I couldn't do anything. I wasn't able to save you. How can I trust myself that this won't happen again?" I caught her hands as tears trickled down our cheeks.

"So it's all because of that jerk..." she mumbled.

"Noo...it's not him. It's just his words which are right. He is right" I closed my eyes frustrated.

"Are you out of your mind Manik? Don't you know that you are the one who saved me?" she rolled her eyes glaring at me.

"And don't you know that you got kidnapped in my presence only?" I looked at her guiltyly.

"Manik you're my boyfriend! You're my love! You are not my bodyguard. You can't always protect me. It's not always possible to keep all the problems away from me. Yes, we do face those problems together and fight it together. But you can't expect that we will stay away from all the problems everytime" she yelled irritated.

"It's not..."

"No listen to me! Your love always protects me at the right time. But you are not the one to be blamed if something happens to me" she caught my hands.

"I am only the one to be blamed Nandini! It's my duty to protect you. Not now and not then....always" I said dejected.

"You did Manik! You saved me before anything happens to me" she said frustrated.

"No..I.."

"Shut up Manik! And listen to me clearly! I am going to marry you! So shut your mouth and get back your brains by tomorrow. I am going to announce our marriage officially tomorrow" she warned while I gulped looking at her.

"And remember Mr.Manik Malhotra! I love you and you are the only one who can protect me. You are the only one right for me. I don't care if you believe it or not" she caught my collars and raised her eyebrows threateningly.

"Nan..."

"Bye" she left my collars and turned towards the kids who were looking at us with big eyes.

"I am sorry that you both had to witness such a pointless argument" Nandini caressed their heads with a fake pity smile while I looked at her with open mouth.

"Excuse me? Did you say pointless?" I glared at her. "Aur nahi tho kya? If I would've known the reason before then it would not come this long. I would've kill that Vijay and we would be getting married right now" she shrugged.

"Marry? I dint agree yet" I argued. "You really think that I am waiting for your answer? Okay let's just think that you'll say 'no'. Do you even know what the consequences are going to be?" she smirked making me frown.

"Wha..."

"Bye bye" she waved and left while the kids laughed. "Kya? Hass kya rahe ho dhono?" I folded my arms looking at them.

"Hume aapka fighting samajh nahi aaya. But ek baath tho samajh aagayi" Ayan said and signalled me to come forward.

"Kya?" I asked them going forward.

"That you are a fool" they laughed making me roll my eyes.

"And Nandu told that you both are doing shaadi! Yayyyy!!" Sweety jumped along with Ayan. "Arre! But I dint agree right" I shook my head.

"My mummy says that always boys listen to girls only. So Nandu wins" Ayan shrugged while Sweety chuckled.

"Arre.."

"Byee" they waved and ran towards the nanny making me sigh.

What's with Nandini? Why can't she understand that I am not right for her?

"I love you and you are the only one who can protect me. You are the only one right for me. I don't care if you believe it or not"

I sighed remembering her words. This girl is impossible!

-----------------------------------------------------------

A short part after soo long! But I'll be back soon with a long part!!

And our bossy Nandini is back!

Please do vote ⭐